You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Places You Don't Fancy For A Holiday

Mook

7 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Got some good memories of Blackpool.

Not so much of Morecambe, since we're talking northwest holiday towns of yesteryear. Fucking hell what a shithole. Worst place on the planet. I've been there three times in my life and not once was it my choice.

My lad used to live in Lancaster and Morecambe had the same stellar reputation among locals as you have of it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My lad used to live in Lancaster and Morecambe had the same stellar reputation among locals as you have of it.

I'm really not surprised. It was on its arse in the early 80s. I was only 6 or 7 years old at the time and I could see that. By the time I was there again in the late 90s it was well and truly deceased.

I've got a weekend penciled in for a weekend away with mates in the summer, the Mrs is going to Lisbon.

We're in the planning stages now and these are genuine suggestion...

Skegness Butlins, so we can see the 'talent' shows based there which was apparently a reality TV show from a few years back.

Blackpool for a long weekend, where to start with that fucking nonsense.

Blackpool, Southport and Morecambe and the triumvirate of unholy shitness.

Sheffield, yes Sheffield was genuinely floated as an option.

Spain, nowhere specific.

These are bright, articulate people.

I have no idea why I'm friends with the fucking goons.

• Downvote 1

On 22/05/2018 at 19:46, stringvest said:

Dubai, or any of those tacky middle eastern 'resorts', Israel, and Saudi Arabia, obv. 

Agree with Gibraltar.  A rough shithole army town with sun.  Aldershot-on-sea.

I've been to a few big West African cities, and you couldn't really pay me to go back.

Also not a fan of the big resorts frequented by your pissed up and rowdy full English breakfast and Sky TV Brexit brigade.  

Hahahaha 

On 24/05/2018 at 00:39, Section_31 said:

Everyone I know who's been to Egypt has had the wicked shits.

Oh yes. 12 hours with it rapidly coming out of my arse. Also sweating and throwing up. Eating shrimp while pissed in a restaurant probably detoxed my body better than any rehab clinic ever could. God I was in a shit state, I only needed the slightest sip of water in that hotel room and I was sat on the bog worried I was going to take off 

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I've got a weekend penciled in for a weekend away with mates in the summer, the Mrs is going to Lisbon.

Skegness Butlins, so we can see the 'talent' shows based there which was apparently a reality TV show from a few years back.

Spain, nowhere specific.

Hey, Sheffield is alright! Granted it's not Lisbon but if you end up here, beers on me.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Anywhere in Africa, Basingstoke and Ashby De La Zouch. 

Wakefield too. 

Loads of Africa is fucking amazing.

Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, Mauritius, Mozambique, Madagascar, Egypt (Both coastal and the historical stuff are genuinely stunning), SA (In parts are some of the most beautiful parts of the world), Morocco, Tunisa, even my adopted home of Sudan has more history and culture than most other places on the planet despite it's current draw backs.

Can't get egg and chips with a pint of Fosters to wash it down with as you agonise over the cognitive dissonance of calling out forrins while being a forrin on foreign soil though, I s'pose, so maybe you got a point...

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Loads of Africa is fucking amazing.

Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Senegal, Mauritius, Mozambique, Madagascar, Egypt (Both coastal and the historical stuff are genuinely stunning), SA (In parts are some of the most beautiful parts of the world), Morocco, Tunisa, even my adopted home of Sudan has more history and culture than most other places on the planet despite it's current draw backs.

Can't get egg and chips with a pint of Fosters to wash it down with as you agonise over the cognitive dissonance of calling out forrins while being a forrin on foreign soil though, I s'pose, so maybe you got a point...

What? I certainly dont agonise over egg and chips or cooking lager namely Fosters, but you have to agree an egg and chip butty is tasty, no offence mate. 

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

See above.

Edit: Japan is properly amazing, definitely worth a rethink.

I certainly don't hate foreigners so don't spend my time agonising over hating them whilst being in their country. You do realise that just the fact that someone might enjoy a week in Benidorm drinking fosters doesn't make them a racist?

Japan is possibly the one I might be persuaded about. Mind you, I've heard Japan Airlines is piloted by the descendants of kamikazes so I probably wouldn't use them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I certainly don't hate foreigners so don't spend my time agonising over hating them whilst being in their country. You do realise that just the fact that someone might enjoy a week in Benidorm drinking fosters doesn't make them a racist?

Japan is possibly the one I might be persuaded about. Mind you, I've heard Japan Airlines is piloted by the descendants of kamikazes so I probably wouldn't use them.

Yeah, just bored and being a dick, folk is free to do as they wish, though Africa has a LOT to offer if you look beyond the headlines.

Japan is endlessly fascinating and really is something that people should experience as it's completely unique to itself unapologetically. It's difficult to explain, but it is 'odd' in a good way as the quirks are just weird manifestations of what we all think, but the Japanese just lean in to it.

It's also visually stunning and disorienting.

On 22/03/2022 at 07:20, Rushies tash said:

Wherever this lot are going...

So you can kidnap them and torture them to death with pliers, presumably. 

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, just bored and being a dick, folk is free to do as they wish, though Africa has a LOT to offer if you look beyond the headlines.

Japan is endlessly fascinating and really is something that people should experience as it's completely unique to itself unapologetically. It's difficult to explain, but it is 'odd' in a good way as the quirks are just weird manifestations of what we all think, but the Japanese just lean in to it.

I'd love to go to Japan. 

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Fair enough.

India on the face of it is somewhere that I should hate but I reckon I might enjoy the hustle, bustle and chaos. 

Had the misfortune of missing a connecting flight in Dubai had to spend one day there, it wasn't bad went on a mini bus tour, couldn't imagine spending anymore time there than that though. We only had a miniature of Jack Daniels to share, horrendously expensive. Never saw anyone on the streets.

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Nah, was just answering the OP. Could also go in the ads you hate thread. Don't know what was going through the ad agency's head, but they seem the type of cunts you'd spend the entire week avoiding.

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

I'd love to go to Japan. 

Me and the better half were in a fancy pants restaurant and they had giant owls with wings clipped behind glass watching you in the waiting room, we were in there for about forty minutes while these huge cunt owls that's had their natural lives shattered were staring at us.

We asked the Maitre d' 'Why?'

His response?

'Why not, they look nice and why are you concerned, you are about to eat animals and these are still alive'

That was about the most normal experience I had apart from trying to score drugs with very drunk Irish in a brothel that we didn't realise was a brothel.

Go, just go it's a ridiculous place.

On 21/03/2022 at 12:32, Bruce Spanner said:

Spain, nowhere specific.

Snobby twat. 

Never fancied France. Went to Paris once and was stuck with a some french fellas who could all speak English but insisted on speaking French around me just to be cunts. They couldn't hold their beer either, or wine for that matter. 

I was in a posh hotel where Celine Dion was staying and just went around saying to the staff: qu'y a-t-il dans le panier?

Which means 'what is in the basket?' which is the only thing I remember from school.

Fuck Bruno, and fuck La Rochelle.