You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Horse Racing Prediction League

Just found this app from ITV. Free to play with the potential to win either £100 or £1000 on each card if you do better than anyone else using the app. Now whilst that’s highly unlikely I thought a league could be a bit of fun on here. If you’ve got a SkyBet account then you just use those details to log in. At first glance it looks like they have a card every few days. Here’s the link to the league...

League Name: TLW

League Code: 4KB62D

https://itv7.itv.com/leagues/join/?code=4KB62D

I propose that whoever is top at 11:59pm on the 31st of December is declared the winner and if it’s been a success we’ll start a new one for next year.

I'll be in for that. I'm assuming this is linked to ITV races then?

Yeah, that's right. There's a card starting in half an hour or so but I'd already put picks in before I had the idea of a league. If we get a fair few playing I'll set a proper start date, wipe out any scores accrued in the meantime and make a log of them on here.

Would anyone be more interested if I set one up and run it myself. Maybe we could all throw a tenner in each and then agree on some rules.

Just thinking out loud, maybe one or two meetings every Saturday, plus every day of the big meetings. Everyone can pick one horse for each race. Picking the winner gets 5 points, placed gets 2 points, something like that?

All that could be up for discussion before we get started. I’ll send PM reminders like I used to do with the boxing league.

Winner of the league takes home the lot.

Sounds good.

Maybe change the points system a bit. Doesn't need to be really complicated, but for example 5 points for a winner with an SP 3/1 or shorter, 10 points 10/3 or higher, etc. Just something to reward selections that aren't 2/5 favs.

Sounds good.

Maybe change the points system a bit. Doesn't need to be really complicated, but for example 5 points for a winner with an SP 3/1 or shorter, 10 points 10/3 or higher, etc. Just something to reward selections that aren't 2/5 favs.

Yeah, that makes sense. If we get enough numbers playing to make it worthwhile we can universally agree on the rules before we get going.

Anyone got any more suggestions? If you want to play add your name to the list.

Captain Turdseye

Jairzinho

Elite

Yeah, that makes sense. If we get enough numbers playing to make it worthwhile we can universally agree on the rules before we get going.

Anyone got any more suggestions? If you want to play add your name to the list.

Captain Turdseye

Jairzinho

Elite

While I do like the idea, I go away for at least 8 weeks of the year and sometimes don't have signal for over a week at a time if I'm diving, so I'd miss quite a few meets, at least 3 in a single week.

While I do like the idea, I go away for at least 8 weeks of the year and sometimes don't have signal for over a week at a time if I'm diving, so I'd miss quite a few meets, at least 3 in a single week.

Can you not put a bet on with the Coral?

How long before race cards are the runners announced? I’ve genuinely got no idea. I’m thinking Saturdays only and the big meets, but again it’s all up for discussion. Maybe we could come up with some form of default score for anyone that goes on holiday/forgets to get their picks in. Maybe if you miss a round you score the same as, or a little bit less, than the lowest scorer that week.

The only downside to that is that as the organiser it would be pretty much impossible for me to miss a round. Personally I don’t have much of a problem with that to be honest.

How long before race cards are the runners announced? I’ve genuinely got no idea. I’m thinking Saturdays only and the big meets, but again it’s all up for discussion. Maybe we could come up with some form of default score for anyone that goes on holiday/forgets to get their picks in. Maybe if you miss a round you score the same as, or a little bit less, than the lowest scorer that week.

The only downside to that is that as the organiser it would be pretty much impossible for me to miss a round. Personally I don’t have much of a problem with that to be honest.

For big race meetings it will be several days before (even weeks for Cheltenham, for example). Usually it's priced up about 9pm the day before a race.

Will this be every Saturday or more than once a week? I'd prefer this plus do the big midweek meetings such as Ascot,Goodwood,Cheltenham,Aintree etc.

Already said that mate. Just Saturdays and the big meets and then everyone knows when they need to get picks in.

Doesn’t look like this is gonna generate enough interest anyway but are you adding your name to the list?

Possibly. I realise this sounds tight but I'm not sure I could afford the money at present.

I’m sure it’ll run until at least the end of the year. If you commit to paying the tenner in a few weeks or whenever you can then I don’t think anyone would complain. Has to be a solid commitment though, you can’t back out if you find yourself down the leaderboard.

Captain Turdseye

Jairzinho

Elite

Plev

Vlad?