You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

Well that was shit. Good 40 mins afterwards as well - not to mention a seat right next to them!

That could have finished nil-nil, or 10 nil and the tactics would not have changed! Learn and move on, we are in a better position than they are - and they know it.

Some of this is no doubt skewed by them being tough games but it does raise the question about our ability to handle the 3 games in a week...are we as sharp/are we flat.

According to BBC

"Liverpool have won only one of their seven Premier League games on the weekends immediately after a Champions League game this season (W1 D4 L2)"

So what we need is greater squad depth?

If only some of us had realised that sooner...

A greater squad aint going to make a ref give you the right decisions and let the opponents waste time and the rest though. And it is far too simple to say if we have a better squad we would have got a draw or better out of that game today.

I always feel that great teams can adapt and win anywhere, without having to rely on a referee, that's where we need to get to.

Looking at it as fairly as it is possible to do given obvious bias as Liverpool fans and obvious hatred of them I do think we are a bit OTT in this constant narrative that we are better than them or in a better position.

Don't get me wrong we are heading in the right direction but I can't get on board this we are better than them/in a better place.

They are fucking loaded and can throw money around/pay massive wages.

They are still a massive draw for top players - as seen by Sanchez going there.

We talk about our young team that can only get better and yeah it is true but they have similar....

Rashford is 20 and has over 100 games for them under his belt and 30 goals...he is same age as Solanke for example who has no games to speak of and no goals.

Martial is only 22 has a wealth of experience, Lukaku 24, Bailly 23, Lingard 25, Lindelof 23, Pogba 24...all approaching their prime.

They have probably the best keeper in the world.

Yes they play ugly footy but they lead us by 5pts have led us all season and have trophies in their cabinet in recent times.

We are closer to them than we have been in a while and we may go past them over next few years but sadly they are not in the sort of bad shape we like to paint them in.

• Upvote 3

A greater squad aint going to make a ref give you the right decisions and let the opponents waste time and the rest though. And it is far too simple to say if we have a better squad we would have got a draw or better out of that game today.

A great team will trump a bad ref.

• Upvote 1

It's been said before but you can never write the cunts off.  They could easily win the league next season if City take the foot off the pedal.  And people write off shitcoat at their peril.  He's a cunt but while he's got a virtual bottomless pit of money where he is he'll keep them competitive.  They could still win 2 trophies this year.  The cunts  

Looking at it as fairly as it is possible to do given obvious bias as Liverpool fans and obvious hatred of them I do think we are a bit OTT in this constant narrative that we are better than them or in a better position.

Don't get me wrong we are heading in the right direction but I can't get on board this we are better than them/in a better place.

They are fucking loaded and can throw money around/pay massive wages.

They are still a massive draw for top players - as seen by Sanchez going there.

We talk about our young team that can only get better and yeah it is true but they have similar....

Rashford is 20 and has over 100 games for them under his belt and 30 goals...he is same age as Solanke for example who has no games to speak of and no goals.

Martial is only 22 has a wealth of experience, Lukaku 24, Bailly 23, Lingard 25, Lindelof 23, Pogba 24...all approaching their prime.

They have probably the best keeper in the world.

Yes they play ugly footy but they lead us by 5pts have led us all season and have trophies in their cabinet in recent times.

We are closer to them than we have been in a while and we may go past them over next few years but sadly they are not in the sort of bad shape we like to paint them in.

Spot on this. Klopp has done very well indeed keeping us close to them considering the difference in spending. Also as was pointed out earlier they’ve pretty much been above us in the table all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some are sounding like west brom fans under Mowbray. Have a look at the table and trophies won. How the fuck are we better than the mancs?

Blaming refs? Do me a favour, Mourinho got the tactics spot on and targeted our glaring weaknesses and nullified our attack.

Better position. Learn to read.

So what we need is greater squad depth?

If only some of us had realised that sooner...

This has really come as shock to me,lack of squad depth costing us dear.

I love Klopp to bits but constantly doing the loaves and fishes trick in the transfer market every season is only ever going to keep us top of the 'sought after' profit league.