You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR Thoughts?

Lee909

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

It's utter shite and has further ruined the sport. However, it is also true to say that it is worse here than anywhere else because we have some of the very worst officials on the planet. Old, fat, unprofessional cunts all part of a little boy's club. The emergence of Newcastle and City with their owners, and the extra work they can offer, has compounded the issue. 

Our refs are shit and bent, and VAR gives them a protective layer for both things. 

Hard to argue. But just to counter,slightly,even if they weren't they don't give a shit about the appearance of impropriety given how many Manchester based refs do Merseyside and Manchester games, not to mention their unashamed jaunts to Middle Eastern countries whose rulers, or people close to those rulers, own Premier League clubs.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Officially it would be termed as 'reckless' which is almost always a caution and 'Excessive Force' which is a sending off. 'Dangerous' is not on the criteria,it's careless,reckless or excessive force. And now the criteria indicates 'no contact is an Indirect Free Kick but contact is a direct free kick.'

The weird thing is dangerous is used in the section under indirect free kick which is a bit confusing.

26 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

The weird thing is dangerous is used in the section under indirect free kick which is a bit confusing.

Isn't there a sub section playing in a dangerous manner? That's where I'd put the Doku foul. Moder I think isn't reckless anymore but serious foul play. It's a pen wherever or however you want to frame it and everyone of those PGMOL cunts knows it is.

11 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Isn't there a sub section playing in a dangerous manner? That's where I'd put the Doku foul. Moder I think isn't reckless anymore but serious foul play. It's a pen wherever or however you want to frame it and everyone of those PGMOL cunts knows it is.

There’s a whole load of stuff attached to the one law:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

36 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

That's when you don't have actually touch the player but the action was still dangerous. Usually a high boot.

Just saw a TV umpire call in Indian Premier League (cricket). 

Umpire gave out, batsman challenged.

TV umpire: "Onfield decision is out. Player review. Can you give me the split screen and ultra edge please"..

Followed by

"There is a clear spike, a clear edge, Mr. umpire you can stay with your decision, I will tell you when you are on screen, you are on screen now, you can signal" followed by the umpire signal.

No one else talked. They showed the TV umpire on the screen, everyone on TV and stadium were able to clearly hear him. Nothing to hide. Clean as a whistle. 

Comparing that to the VAR cunts where everyone is talking at the same time with no one willing to listen and the cunts using it as a method to hide behind their corruption. Remarkable how they have spoiled the game with so called technology.

• Upvote 2

On 24/03/2024 at 11:40, Carra_is_legend said:

Just saw a TV umpire call in Indian Premier League (cricket). 

Umpire gave out, batsman challenged.

TV umpire: "Onfield decision is out. Player review. Can you give me the split screen and ultra edge please"..

Followed by

"There is a clear spike, a clear edge, Mr. umpire you can stay with your decision, I will tell you when you are on screen, you are on screen now, you can signal" followed by the umpire signal.

No one else talked. They showed the TV umpire on the screen, everyone on TV and stadium were able to clearly hear him. Nothing to hide. Clean as a whistle. 

Comparing that to the VAR cunts where everyone is talking at the same time with no one willing to listen and the cunts using it as a method to hide behind their corruption. Remarkable how they have spoiled the game with so called technology.

Cricket is much slower with frequent breaks. Doesn't cut it in football for me.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Cricket is much slower with frequent breaks. Doesn't cut it in football for me.

Agreed. In an ideal world VAR should be fucked off, but considering that is not going to happen, we should at least be able to hear what the cunts are discussing in the VAR room. Right now it is a mess with everyone talking over each other and interrupting. 

Whilst cricket is slow with breaks, the onfield umpire does not say anything whilst the check is done by the TV umpire. Compare that to the "Not for me mate, he touched the ball mate, you alright mate..." by Oliver.....

17 minutes ago, AHA said:

David Coote ref for Sunday, Tierney var.

There's barely a ref you'd want though is there. I wonder what percentage of Tierney's games were involved in. He seems to be either ref or var in about 1 in 3 of games to me (I've no stats to back this up, just a gut feel). 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's barely a ref you'd want though is there. I wonder what percentage of Tierney's games were involved in. He seems to be either ref or var in about 1 in 3 of games to me (I've no stats to back this up, just a gut feel). 

Think Paul Tomkins did a 3000 page report on it and Tierney does us more than any other team by a long way. Don’t trust either of these. If they do screw up at least we might get an apology from the PGMOL.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Agreed. In an ideal world VAR should be fucked off, but considering that is not going to happen, we should at least be able to hear what the cunts are discussing in the VAR room. Right now it is a mess with everyone talking over each other and interrupting. 

Whilst cricket is slow with breaks, the onfield umpire does not say anything whilst the check is done by the TV umpire. Compare that to the "Not for me mate, he touched the ball mate, you alright mate..." by Oliver.....

It absolutely can be fucked off if people wanted it enough.

Boycotts, protests & voting with their feet would sort it within weeks but Football supporters aren't militant enough and have just sat around watching people wreck the game.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

It absolutely can be fucked off if people wanted it enough.

Boycotts, protests & voting with their feet would sort it within weeks but Football supporters aren't militant enough and have just sat around watching people wreck the game.

Football fans have sat around even when their club finances were screwed by their own board, plunging them into administration, relegation and what not!

54 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Tierney has reff'd us 4 times, as have Taylor, Kavanagh, Oliver and Madley. Hooper has done us 3 times. The other 12 or so refs on the PGMOL PL list have reff'd us a total of 5 games. Make of that what you will. Tierney has been VAR at least 4 times.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Tierney has reff'd us 4 times, as have Taylor, Kavanagh, Oliver and Madley. Hooper has done us 3 times. The other 12 or so refs on the PGMOL PL list have reff'd us a total of 5 games. Make of that what you will. Tierney has been VAR at least 4 times.

So we're 28 games in and Tierney has been ref or var at least 8 times, so almost the 1 in 3 I mentioned. And come this weekend it'll be 9 in 29. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So we're 28 games in and Tierney has been ref or var at least 8 times, so almost the 1 in 3 I mentioned. And come this weekend it'll be 9 in 29. 

Just looking at the PL website and noticed they often do a VAR and a game in the same weekend, both Tierney and Coote have 1 of each this weekend. With that context the numbers are probably not as off as they initially appear.  As per your post he is on 30% of our games, he should be on 20% if he's doing 2 per weekend and given he's somehow considered in the top bracket his numbers do add up.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

Just looking at the PL website and noticed they often do a VAR and a game in the same weekend, both Tierney and Coote have 1 of each this weekend. With that context the numbers are probably not as off as they initially appear.  As per your post he is on 30% of our games, he should be on 20% if he's doing 2 per weekend and given he's somehow considered in the top bracket his numbers do add up.

We have a list of around 25 PL referees don't we? Why aren't the rest of them involved in our games? Even if 15 of them were getting a fair crack of the whip at this point of the season, they'd have only been ref or var on 3 or 4 occasions. Yet come this weekend he'd have been involved at least 9 times. The numbers were even higher last season before this anomaly was flagged.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

We have a list of around 25 PL referees don't we? Why aren't the rest of them involved in our games? Even if 15 of them were getting a fair crack of the whip at this point of the season, they'd have only been ref of var on 3 or 4 occasions. Yet come this weekend he'd have been involved at least 9 times. 

There are a handful of them that only get a couple of games and usually they are Bournemouth v Fulham or if its a big team it's normally a home banker without drama. That's a huge part of the problem, they are creating a system where only the top guys get the top teams and you only get to the top by staying out of trouble. We have Atwell on Thursday, he awarded this goal and still has a job.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, No2 said:

There are a handful of them that only get a couple of games and usually they are Bournemouth v Fulham or if its a big team it's normally a home banker without drama. That's a huge part of the problem, they are creating a system where only the top guys get the top teams and you only get to the top by staying out of trouble. We have Atwell on Thursday, he awarded this goal and still has a job.

Ok, so let's say this handful of refs get our games. Does it also mean they have to VAR us just as often? If Tierney and a few others referee us to a disproportionate level, the opposite should be true on the VAR scam and we should barely see them. But it's not, they get those games too. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ok, so let's say this handful of refs get our games. Does it also mean they have to VAR us just as often? If Tierney and a few others referee us to a disproportionate level, the opposite should be true on the VAR scam and we should barely see them. But it's not, they get those games too. 

I'm not defending how they appoint refs and VAR's, just pointing the numbers won't be that off. I'd bet if you looked at Kavanagh,Tierney, Taylor, Oliver and Brooks they would all be ref and var for the "big 6" 8 or 9 times this season. Then the newer or less experienced refs will all have 1 or 2 each.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm not defending how they appoint refs and VAR's, just pointing the numbers won't be that off. I'd bet if you looked at Kavanagh,Tierney, Taylor, Oliver and Brooks they would all be ref and var for the "big 6" 8 or 9 times this season. Then the newer or less experienced refs will all have 1 or 2 each.

So as I said before, why do they need to be on VAR so often? VAR is supposed to be for fact or "clear and obvious". You don't need to be a leading referee to do that. I'm sure any on the list would be as competent (if not moreso).