You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

D-Day. Liverpool at home, on Sunday

Kevin D

Lucas had a bit of a last hurrah last year, in an unexpected provider role.

He did good work in an offensive role. Which i believe was his forte when Rafa signed him.

He always gave away shit free kicks in bad areas, and was never the same after that last big injury.

It was right he was moved on, but it was a fucking disaster he wasn't replaced with a better player in the holding role.

But then Klopp doesnt believe in that, so its no wonder the fucking light brigade charge through the middle of our side leaving our inadequate centre backs even more exposed week after fucking relentless fucking week.

And thats it.

Are you not a fan of the Ox?  Presumably he is some kind of replacement, we also have Naby Keita lined up.

Lucas did help us get fourth, but not before everyone moaned their tits off.  

Fair comment.

I'll be honest i never rated him.

But that said he was picked loads last year and was needed...yet here we are having sold him and not done a thing to strengthen either of the two areas he was used in and with a heavier workload.

People pointing that fact out aren't out of line in my view.

I would argue that the Ox will play the odd game, we also have Keita lined up and Milner (who is far more popular than Lucas) is currently filling in when needed as a midfielder.  

Not rating The Ox higher than Lucas?

I dunno.

Where is Klopp thinking of playing him?

Maybe when we know, we can make a judgement on that.

Ox has made his name, such as it is, as a pacey wide man, no?

Purely on physicality, AOC could be a half decent central mid bastard, but that debate is for another day.

Are you not a fan of the Ox?  Presumably he is some kind of replacement, we also have Naby Keita lined up.

Lucas did help us get fourth, but not before everyone moaned their tits off.  

If you're asking me that because i was vaguely pleased we signed him, then yes, i was.

But there was still a fair bit of time to go before the window shut when he arrived. i didnt think for a moment that would be it.

And i also thought that Klopp knew what he was going to do with him.

And as i've said in other reply they are not like for like anyway.

I would argue that the Ox will play the odd game, we also have Keita lined up and Milner (who is far more popular than Lucas) is currently filling in when needed as a midfielder.

I don't see AOC as a central midfielder/centre half - which is where Lucas spent last season but i see your point. I suppose Milner is fair enough but my point is Milner was here already when Lucas was so we aren't any deeper - he was just being used at LB because Bert Moron couldn't be trusted.

Keita is of course for next season so not gonna count him until then.

I suppose Grujic enters the equation as well in midfield but for me the point still largely stands that a fella who was needed across two positions (regardless of how good he was) and needed a lot has arguably not been significantly upgraded on in the squad, a squad that faces a lot heavier workload than it did last year.

I suggest the Ox because:-

• he was touted as having rejected Chelsea and improved terms from Arsenal in order to pursue a favoured CM role with us; and
  • he is in theory more suited to playing for us than Lucas was, taking into account Klopp's high-energy brand of attacking football  

I suggest the Ox because:-

• he was touted as having rejected Chelsea and improved terms from Arsenal in order to pursue a favoured CM role with us; and
  • he is in theory more suited to playing for us than Lucas was, taking into account Klopp's high-energy brand of attacking football  

Yup, no arguments there.

But he's had about 5 minutes since he signed, and so far, not really played in that role at all.

So who knows?

As An Tha has hinted, i'd like to see Grujic given a run in there, he's looked combative and powerful in what little chance hes had. 

Along with Woodburn and Solanke further up.

What the fuck do we have to lose right now?

Yup, no arguments there.

But he's had about 5 minutes since he signed, and so far, not really played in that role at all.

So who knows?

As An Tha has hinted, i'd like to see Grujic given a run in there, he's looked combative and powerful in what little chance hes had. 

Along with Woodburn and Solanke further up.

What the fuck do we have to lose right now?

Just my two pence worth but Grujic looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.

As for Solanke I don't agree with the calls to throw him in as I can't quite see what the moderate amount of hype is all about, but it's early days.

If I was to take a wild guess I doubt either will have much of an impact this season.

It's not a given that Klopp will succeed in the Premier League, no matter how great he is. He's the first German manager to have a go, yeah?

The Premier League is an anomaly. Not every good manager finds success.

Take Rafa. Legend. Won us 3 trophies, but couldn't deliver the Title.

It's not a given that Klopp will succeed in the Premier League, no matter how great he is. He's the first German manager to have a go, yeah?

The Premier League is an anomaly. Not every good manager finds success.

Take Rafa. Legend. Won us 3 trophies, but couldn't deliver the Title.

Thing is though its not just about that. We're effectively going into most seasons with one hand tied behind our backs because of insane transfer policies.

To stand any chance of doing something in this league you simply have to get your recruitment right and we've been fairly poor in that department. Case in point not buying a defender but spending a wedge on AOC.

We've not been putting our best foot forward for years now. Whether Klopp is at fault for that I dont know but its been going on a long time now.

• Upvote 1

Just my two pence worth but Grujic looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.

As for Solanke I don't agree with the calls to throw him in as I can't quite see what the moderate amount of hype is all about, but it's early days.

If I was to take a wild guess I doubt either will have much of an impact this season.

As far as Solanke goes it is not ideal that he at his age and with no real experience has to be our 2nd choice striker, but given the other option is Daniel Sturridge then so be it as far as I am concerned - at least Solanke can and hopefully will improve and at least he can run - in the absence of anything else worthy of a go we may as well just let him have his chances as back up to Firmino and see if he can be the answer in the future/until we can get better.

I personally never want to see Sturridge near our team again - he's done.

The whole situation though is a damning reflection on our squad building that our strikers are made up of a first choice who

isn't really a striker, a second choice who is broken down beyond repair and a 3rd choice who is a kid.

As far as Solanke goes it is not ideal that he at his age and with no real experience has to be our 2nd choice striker, but given the other option is Daniel Sturridge then so be it as far as I am concerned - at least Solanke can and hopefully will improve and at least he can run - in the absence of anything else worthy of a go we may as well just let him have his chances as back up to Firmino and see if he can be the answer in the future/until we can get better.

I personally never want to see Sturridge near our team again - he's done.

I think Sturridge will stay ahead of Solanke in the pecking order for now despite his poor finishing against the Toon.  Although I've been wrong about that sort of thing before.

As you say the problem for both of them is getting ahead of Firmino and staying in the team.  After Sturridge's showing at the weekend I think Bobby will get his place back.

Sturridge got in the team on Sunday because Bobby's been out of form. Step in Dan and fill yer boots but he couldnt. To be fair, Solanke looked far more dangerous in his cameo than Dan did all game.

I dont think Dan had a good game against Burnley either.

Well, i'm not responding to hype.

Solanke hasnt done anything to warrant any hype in any case.

I'm responding to Sturridge being shite, and our midfield resembling a box of Family Circle biscuits having been smashed with a hammer, and then run under the tap.

• Upvote 1

Well, i'm not responding to hype.

Solanke hasnt done anything to warrant any hype in any case.

I'm responding to Sturridge being shite, and our midfield resembling a box of Family Circle biscuits having been smashed with a hammer, and then run under the tap.

Don't start on the biscuits - that Moanero chap will show up.

• Upvote 1

Your argument about no better players than mignolet, henderson etc, etc falls down because as soon as they come here, they get fucking slaughtered from the first mistake. Look at the criticism Salah has taken from some despite 6 or 7 goals and only being here since the start of the season.

Its virtually fucking nailled on that when Naby Keita starts next season and makes his first mistake, some will be going 'he's fucking shite, why did we buy him?'

What a load of fucking bollocks, the hilarity of blaming fans for players being shit. So players are shit because some mongs on TLW say they are? This isn't the fucking Secret, we don't speak this stuff into existence.

Our players are shit BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING SHIT, and no other reason.