You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

You do know that Panto is theater? Which is different than some bloke sitting with his legs apart, reading a book? Do you think they're the same? Christ.

I don't know, you tell me how children will distinguish between men wearing flamboyant clothes and makeup and wigs.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

I don't know, you tell me how children will distinguish between men wearing flamboyant clothes and makeup and wigs.

Generally, the type of outfit a panto dame will wear is very different to that of a drag artist. And the type of material they will use in their respective shows. 

3 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Generally, the type of outfit a panto dame will wear is very different to that of a drag artist. And the type of material they will use in their respective shows. 

If a person isn’t willing to concede that men would be dangerous if housed in a womens prison you’ve got no fucking chance with this!

I was looking back on this thread last night and one person (I’ll let you guess who) said we shouldn’t use a persons crimes on the outside as an indicator of what they might be like inside.  The whole thing is that mental it demands those defending it to make the most stupid arguments otherwise it all falls down.  

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Is it, though?

He's pretending that I have or haven't said stuff and then flinging shit at me for it. He does this from time to time. He's a prick.

You are a complete waste of time in this thread and have been made to look the weirdo. Again.

If you have a view it should be open to scrutiny, you're extremely quick to do it with others. When it is your view on this subject you daren't answer even basic questions, you just troll.  If you know the answer you give will make you look a fool, isn't there something wrong with your standpoint? 

21 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

It is, because he makes many valid points. Points that people defending drag entertainers seem to pick and choose to defend, depending on which way the wind blows. 

Not to get personal but I've a feeling you don't have any children? If you did I think you would find that your opinion might differ.

You'll also find, if you drill down deep enough, that those adults who bring their kids to these events are of the attention seeking type, who crave a Facebook like; the "woke" warriors who admirably want inclusiveness for society but at the detriment of common sense. It seems like the need to be seen as "woke" overrides all common sense.

There is absolutely no valid reason on earth for bloke dressed as a woman to read books to kids. None. Drag entertainment should be in the realm of adult entertainment. 

I've never promoted the idea of Drag Queen Story Hour. All I'm saying is that, in a free society, people should be allowed to do harmless stuff without being attacked, threatened and harassed (in this instance, by mobs organised by Fascists and religious fundamentalists). Is that unreasonable?

Anyone on here claiming that Drag Queen Story Hour does do harm needs to back that claim up with any sort of evidence. Whenever I ask Rico for evidence, the dishonest tit provides pictures, videos, news stories, etc of things that aren't Drag Queen Story Hour.  After all his obsessive trawling, his case amounts to one bloke flashing his tights when he reaches for a book.

No offence, but your guesses about the motivations of the parents attending these things say more about you than them.  In reality, neither of us have a fucking clue what goes on in their minds.

19 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

And the type of outfit and material a drag artist will use for an adult show is very different from what they will wear for a Drag Queen Story Hour.

You do understand that, don't you?

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've never promoted the idea of Drag Queen Story Hour. All I'm saying is that, in a free society, people should be allowed to do harmless stuff without being attacked, threatened and harassed (in this instance, by mobs organised by Fascists and religious fundamentalists). Is that unreasonable?

Anyone on here claiming that Drag Queen Story Hour does do harm needs to back that claim up with any sort of evidence. Whenever I ask Rico for evidence, the dishonest tit provides pictures, videos, news stories, etc of things that aren't Drag Queen Story Hour.  After all his obsessive trawling, his case amounts to one bloke flashing his tights when he reaches for a book.

No offence, but your guesses about the motivations of the parents attending these things say more about you than them.  In reality, neither of us have a fucking clue what goes on in their minds.

I posted a video from the very event that was being protested. It shows a man hitching his skirt up and doing the splits.  But that doesn’t count because you’re fucking mental?  

17 hours ago, A Red said:

You are a complete waste of time in this thread and have been made to look the weirdo. Again.

If you have a view it should be open to scrutiny, you're extremely quick to do it with others. When it is your view on this subject you daren't answer even basic questions, you just troll.  If you know the answer you give will make you look a fool, isn't there something wrong with your standpoint?

What goes on in your daft little head?

How have I been made to look the weirdo?

When have I not "dared" to answer basic questions?  (I've fully responded, time and again, to your ill-conceived and poorly-executed attempts at Gotcha questions.) I have - self-evidently - never refused to answer a question for fear of anyone on here thinking I look a fool.

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I posted a video from the very event that was being protested. It shows a man hitching his skirt up and doing the splits.  But that doesn’t count because you’re fucking mental?  

That's not a Drag Queen Story Hour event. You're basically doing the very thing I just said that you do.

You (and the Fascists and religious fundamentalists) have been obsessing about Drag Queen Story Hour for months now. And you've been lying about it.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's not a Drag Queen Story Hour event. You're basically doing the very thing I just said that you do.

You (and the Fascists and religious fundamentalists) have been obsessing about Drag Queen Story Hour for months now. And you've been lying about it.

Ha ha ha - I’m not limiting my objection to the company organising it you fucking crank.  Men dressed as women gyrating in front of kids is bad if it’s Drag Queen Story Hour, The Hour of the Drag Queen or the 60mins of Cross Dressers.  This really is funny.   

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All I'm saying is that, in a free society, people should be allowed to do harmless stuff without being attacked, threatened and harassed (in this instance, by mobs organised by Fascists and religious fundamentalists). Is that unreasonable?

Not unreasonable to have that stance, no. But the context has to be right. There are legitimate reasons to question why blokes in drag (many overtly sexualised) feel the urge to want to read stories to kids. Why would you think they wish to do that? 

I wasn't guessing about some parents motivations either because I've actually seen some posts on social media to reflect that stance. Clearly they don't all think the same way and perhaps I was generalising somewhat but the point stands. Most of the time it is for attention seeking purposes. Checking into the events on Facebook etc.

To be clear, I bring my kids to Panto. Where there are men dressed up as women, where it's good clean fun. I do not and would not bring them to have a bloke dressed up (again in overtly sexualised clothing, as is becoming the norm lately) reading them stories. There is nothing for the kids to gain there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You seem obsessed with the Drag Story Hour. 

Are you trying to share something with us?