You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Sergio Asenjo, that shitcunt Joel from Everton, De Gea, Courtois, Moyà, Oblak. Just some of the keepers who’ve been on their books and had a decent career there or elsewhere, it’s mad really. People think of how well they replace their main strikers but they do it brilliantly with their goalkeepers aswell, I’ve never seen him play but Axel Werner is 21 and will probably be brilliant so we should get him now before Oblaks sold to Juventus to replace Buffon and Werner replaces him.

WATFORD WANT MARKOVIC

Oh Lazar Markovic, how easy it was to forget you. The Serbian came to England with a lofty reputation and made us dare to dream that he would be brilliant, but it really has gone very badly indeed. Jurgen Klopp spoke regularly about trying to sell Markovic in the summer, but no deal occurred.

Now, Marco Silva and Watford might be ready to save Markovic from his Anfield mess. Markovic has already played under Silva at Sporting CP, and a deal was touted in the summer. Signing him on a cut-price permanent deal would make a lot of sense. He is only 23, after all

What, prey tell, is wrong with Solanke or the Solanke deal?

We're one of the richest clubs in the world and our 3rd choice striker in 20 and has never scored a goal in this country.

Marcus Rashford is 19, has scored 13 PL goals, and is behind Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Martial as the United striker.

Spurs: 

Kane/Son/Llorente/Janssen

City

Aguero/Jesus/Sane

Chelsea

Morata/Batshuayi/Pedro/Abraham

• Downvote 2

We're one of the richest clubs in the world and our 3rd choice striker in 20 and has never scored a goal in this country.

Marcus Rashford is 19, has scored 13 PL goals, and is behind Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Martial as the United striker.

Spurs: 

Kane/Son/Llorente/Janssen

City

Aguero/Jesus/Sane

Chelsea

Morata/Batshuayi/Pedro/Abraham

Well, that's not the same thing. We should absolutely have another striker (in my view, to go to the top of the chain), but Solanke is a quality young player. We should be buying more of them.

I think Mane/Salah/Firmino will score more than 

Rashford/Lukaku/Mkhitaryan

Morata/Hazzard/Pedro

Kane/Eriksen/Ali

Giroud/Sanchez/Ozil

If Firmino playing means Salah and Mane score more, then i'm happy with him. If a Suarez, Torres becomes available then yes. Roberto is underrated in my opinion - scores and creates. 

• Upvote 1

Solanke wasn’t getting a look in at Chelsea. While some would like to see a bit more of him here, me included, he’s closer having displaced Origi.

It’s not fair to cite his age and lack of goals, as he hasn’t had (much of) a chance yet.

I completely agree that I’d like to see us sign someone to go to the top of the pile, and get rid of Sturridge too.

Solanke wasn’t getting a look in at Chelsea. While some would like to see a bit more of him here, me included, he’s closer having displaced Origi.

It’s not fair to cite his age and lack of goals, as he hasn’t had (much of) a chance yet.

I completely agree that I’d like to see us sign someone to go to the top of the pile, and get rid of Sturridge too.

All I the only one that sees nothing to write home about regarding solanke.

Same can be said for the rest of our "strikers" in all honesty.

It's the first time in quite a long time where we haven't had a really good striker.

From fowler to Owen, then Torres not too long after, then straight into Suarez.

Fuck all since then really.