You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

Jurgen Klopp has not given anything away regarding where new Liverpool signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will play this season.

The 24-year-old England man completed a £35million move to Anfield on deadline day to become Jurgen Klopp’s fourth signing of the summer.

But Klopp was quick to praise the new boy’s all round ability rather than focus on which position he would be playing.

“I hear a lot of talk about positions but let’s talk about the player; he is someone with really good abilities who always gives everything for his team,” he told Liverpool’s website.

“A player that is positive and willing to take risks to try and make positive things happen.

“He may still be young but he has a lot of experience in the Premier League, Champions League and for his country.

“Already he is a very, very good player and I think he has the mentality and desire to get even better – and that excites me.

“This is someone making a tough decision to leave one great club and come to another great club and I think he had many options, so to get him means I am delighted.

“He didn’t make an easy decision but I think he made a great one to go on this journey with this squad of talented boys and our great supporters. I welcome him to the Liverpool family.”

Oxlade-Chamberlain follows Dominic Solanke, Mohamed Salah and Andrew Robertson into the club with Naby Keita all set to join next summer.

The former Southampton man is believed to have turned down a move to Chelsea, on more money, in order to play a midfield role at Liverpool. And Klopp is delighted and recalled the first time he saw Oxlade-Chamberlain play he was impressed.

“I am really, really happy we have got Alex signed,” added Klopp.

“Since the last game [at Anfield] I have been waiting and hoping we could make this transfer – and when I got the news he was ours it was fantastic.

“I remember the first time I saw him play live – it was at Dortmund in 2014 and he came on as a sub that day and made a big impact.

“He stood out immediately because of his pace and skills and his attitude in such a big game for a young player; I remember him chasing back to make a brilliant challenge on [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan in the box to save a certain goal.

“We won that game but lost the return match at Arsenal when he started and played well, I think he hit the post.

“Since then I have followed him and when I heard it may be possible to sign him I didn’t need to think twice.”

Klopp's always proved me wrong with big money players he wants so there's a fair chance he will again.  We should nickname him the turd polisher if he turns around this guys career.

Surely a nickname for your good self would be more appropriate - since you are are the one who is constantly wrong? 

Know Nothing Nobend or something like that? (insert a smiley thing here, I wasn't being serious). 

p.s. I never rated Mane when we bought him.

Surely a nickname for your good self would be more appropriate - since you are are the one who is constantly wrong?

Know Nothing Nobend or something like that? (insert a smiley thing here, I wasn't being serious).

p.s. I never rated Mane when we bought him.

That much is a given. Or I would be earning stupid money in football rather than breaking my back for buttons.

I think he could be another decent cog like Wijnaldum. He'll win some around, some not. We needed much more and that isn't his fault.