You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

23 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I think England will go through still because results below them will go their way, but this is a really disappointing loss. We look like we peaked too early. The Aussies look as dominant as we did in 3 of the last 4 years for long spells today. But for Ben Stokes that would have been a complete caning. 

Beating the Black Caps and India isn't impossible by any means but I don't think it will come to that myself, I think we will go through. But we are not playing like a team that is going to win the tournament and truth be told, we haven't looked like it apart from maybe the first game. 

You think we can lose to India and NZ and go through?

I watched a good chunk of that England reply yesterday and they were awful. I haven't watched much cricket in recent years but still had England down as one of the best one day teams in the world. Based on yesterday that looked far from the case. I've also never heard of a good few of those players either.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Pakistan are going to win all their remaining games.

NZ have a great attack, if they make 240 on this pitch Pakistan will struggle to chase it down. If they do then England will probably have to win both of their remaining games. I don't think Pakistan will have it easy against Bangladesh mind. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking hell, NZ 38/3 now, excellent catch by the keeper to get Taylor. NZ relying on Williamson again. I hate the Pakistan cricket team for obvious reasons, I'll be gutted if the cunts make the semi's. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

46-4 think we will have to win our last 2 games some how.

Looks like it, because Pakistan v Bangladesh game is after our last game with NZ. If we lose against India we are basically toast, although NZ could still post a reasonable total and they have very good bowlers, Pakistan are more than capable of a massive collapse. 

28 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fucking hell, NZ 38/3 now, excellent catch by the keeper to get Taylor. NZ relying on Williamson again. I hate the Pakistan cricket team for obvious reasons, I'll be gutted if the cunts make the semi's. 

What are the obvious reasons? Taking money from bookies?

Guest Pistonbroke

This Shaheen lad has bowled excellent, although I remember the same bowler getting stick off the very same commentators in his stint against SA where he was Pakistan's most expensive bowler.  

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Looks like it, because Pakistan v Bangladesh game is after our last game with NZ. If we lose against India we are basically toast, although NZ could still post a reasonable total and they have very good bowlers, Pakistan are more than capable of a massive collapse. 

Pakistan have Bangladesh and Afghanistan, they will beat both. We need to stand up and take responsibility, no passing the buck batting wise. Roy must be risked and Ali dropped for me.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What are the obvious reasons? Taking money from bookies?

They've courted controversy throughout the years, cheating, refusing to play and the bookies scandals. You can't knock their team playing wise when they turn up, bit hard to like because of the other stuff though. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They've courted controversy throughout the years, cheating, refusing to play and the bookies sandals. You can't knock their team playing wise when they turn up, bit hard to like because of the other stuff though. 

Hardly the teams fault 

But fuck me we needed NZ to win this and they are looking at a bumming 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Hardly the teams fault 

But fuck me we needed NZ to win this and they are looking at a bumming 

Pinch the bookies sandals at your peril! 

I tried to edit it but the forum just handed me the dreaded circle of death. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

220 could probably be defended against Pakistan.

220 is about par score on this wicket.

Strange decision here. Pakistan disn't review, the umpires then gave them a free review which proved inconclusive. Pakistan then whinged and reviewed it themselves (despite the time elapsing orginally) and were given a review, not out. Shit umpiring all-round that. 

Good stuff from New Zealand to come back after a dreadful start but that's what proper sides do when they're in the shit, they batten down the hatches and make sure they eek out a total that gives them a fighting chance rather than going gung-ho and trying to hit every ball out the park

• Upvote 1