You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, skaro said:

The worst double stumping miss I've ever seen just then.

And then they even fucking reviewed it - for absolutely no fucking reason.  Fuck sake.

Windies are officially cooked.

The umpiring in this WC has been amongst the worst I've seen. They rely on using the review system too much and indeed on teams using their review. If teams don't have a review left it just lets the umpires off the hook for making ridiculous decisions. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, skaro said:

Might I also just reiterate that Michael Holding is the best commentator in world cricket.

Very rare that someone who was the best of the best playing, is also the best of the best behind the mic.

Whispering death, very much alive.

He's ace.

Kohli out to a buffet ball. Game on now. Unfortunately I have to pick the missus up from work and then go shopping for BBQ food and liquid refreshment. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Just got back in to see the latest umpiring decision to be overturned, Windies still in deep shit mind. 

4 down now after a poor shot from Pooran. 

Guest Pistonbroke

SA, the Windies and England have been disappointing on the whole. I cringe when I see Gayle fucking about to get applause from the crowd for stopping a ball. 

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yes, that was pretty weird, a bit freaky actually.

I bet certain team mates who are desperate to win look at such things and think WTF. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

I bet certain team mates who are desperate to win look at such things and think WTF. 

Like Roach - who, as Holding pointed out, has taken 3/74 from 20 overs in the last 2 matches - having spent the last 5 on the sidelines... while the Gayle sideshow has been fucking about going nowhere.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, skaro said:

Like Roach - who, as Holding pointed out, has taken 3/74 from 20 overs in the last 2 matches - having spent the last 5 on the sidelines... while the Gayle sideshow has been fucking about going nowhere.

Gayle failed in nearly every innings so far, eating up balls and then getting out cheaply. The Windies should have moved him further down the order, he's probably undroppable until he retires, and he just changed his mind about that. 

18 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

SA, the Windies and England have been disappointing on the whole. I cringe when I see Gayle fucking about to get applause from the crowd for stopping a ball. 

England and Windies basically want to hit every ball out the ground and even if it's not there to be hit then they want to hit it even harder out the ground.

Read a stat today that in the first ten overs v Australia , England ran just three singles which obviously puts pressure on the following batsmen if you lose a couple of wickets when chasing especially when you look at Kohli yesterday who hit 72 without hitting a six.

With scores starting to go lower in this WC then you need players who can manufacture the strike with ones and two's unfortunately England have only got Root (when he can be arsed actually grinding that out) in the side.

Hence why I think the only chance England have got is if they bat first in every inning and it all clicks 

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Stickman said:

England and Windies basically want to hit every ball out the ground and even if it's not there to be hit then they want to hit it even harder out the ground.

Read a stat today that in the first ten overs v Australia , England ran just three singles which obviously puts pressure on the following batsmen if you lose a couple of wickets when chasing especially when you look at Kohli yesterday who hit 72 without hitting a six.

With scores starting to go lower in this WC then you need players who can manufacture the strike with ones and two's unfortunately England have only got Root (when he can be arsed actually grinding that out) in the side.

Hence why I think the only chance England have got is if they bat first in every inning and it all clicks 

Stokes is also capable of building a platform to his innings. It doesn't always work but in his last two innings it has, basically because he recognised the wicket's were slow and demanded hard work. Morgan can be devastating on a flat track, but he is brain dead on a slow wicket, probably why he's never made it at test level. 

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Embarrassingly shit display from Sri Lanka. Almost every single batsman has got out playing an appalling shot.

After losing a wicket to the first ball they made a blazing start in the first 9.4 overs, that second wicket going down just led to some really shit shots. They basically disrespected the bowling. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hahahaha, everybody laid down on the ground due to a swarm of bees flying over the pitch. Fielders, batsmen and Umpires. 

23 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Stokes is also capable of building a platform to his innings. It doesn't always work but in his last two innings it has, basically because he recognised the wicket's were slow and demanded hard work. Morgan can be devastating on a flat track, but he is brain dead on a slow wicket, probably why he's never made it at test level. 

Yeah forget to mention Stokes you're right he has been the one player to knuckle down and bat according to the situation..