You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russian Dopes

Bjornebye

Been confirmed that the Russian secret service were involved with covering up doping by Russian athletes at Sochi 2014.

Serious sanctions being talked about for ALL sports. Hopefully they will change the next World Cup hosts. They simply can't have it there.

Another thing to consider is the performance of Russian female tennis players in 2004. Prior to then, they had no real track record of success in tennis but in 2004, Russian women won 3 of the 4 Grand Slams with 2 of those finals being all-Russian affairs. Myskina beat Dementieva at the French Open, Sharapova (at 17) beat Serena at Wimbledon, and Kuznetsova beat Dementieva at the US Open. The Russians also won the Fed Cup (the women's equivalent of the Davis Cup) for the first time that year. While it is possible that it was simply a case of the Russians finding a golden generation, you wouldn't normally see so many of them being so successful at the same time like that.

Another thing to consider is the performance of Russian female tennis players in 2004. Prior to then, they had no real track record of success in tennis but in 2004, Russian women won 3 of the 4 Grand Slams with 2 of those finals being all-Russian affairs. Myskina beat Dementieva at the French Open, Sharapova (at 17) beat Serena at Wimbledon, and Kuznetsova beat Dementieva at the US Open. The Russians also won the Fed Cup (the women's equivalent of the Davis Cup) for the first time that year. While it is possible that it was simply a case of the Russians finding a golden generation, you wouldn't normally see so many of them being so successful at the same time like that.

And so hot.

Russia deserves everything it is getting but can't help think it is very conveniently covering a lot of dodginess around the globe and pushing the IOC being tough on drugs stance.

Kenya and Jamaica for instance have a lot of suspicion floating around them for instance but it seems to have gone quiet.

They probably are but since Drago was exposed in Rocky 4, the spotlight is on the Russians.

Surely the most corrupt country on the planet? No offence Vlad, you seem to be a huge exception. I generally hate Russians. Rudest people I've come across.

And what about the Americans,Jamaicans and Chinese among others? They're all at it.

While i agree i think the big difference here is that its coming from the government and threats made against Wada/IOC testers

The Chinese swimmer that won two gold medals at 16 is the worst. She finished 22 seconds off her London world record time in the recent Chinese olympic trials when she should be in her physical prime. Both the Russians and the Chinese take the absolute piss when it comes to doping their athletes.

They probably are but since Drago was exposed in Rocky 4, the spotlight is on the Russians.

Surely the most corrupt country on the planet? No offence Vlad, you seem to be a huge exception. I generally hate Russians. Rudest people I've come across.

The Russians hate everybody,especially themselves. I understand why they are so rude though as their invaders never set a good example.

Not really the same situation though is it. Drago wasn't doping, he was actually a robot.

Rocky proved that when he punched his head off and lashed it into the crowd.

• Upvote 2

A lad I know ended up in a massage parlour in London, in a waiting room with another lad I know with two big Russians sat opposite him. For reasons known only to him he broke the tension and silence by saying "didn't do too well in Afghan you lads"

Nothing to do doping but it still makes me laugh.it kicked off then apparently

• Upvote 6

I went to sharm el sheikh a few years back and the holiday rep pulled me aside the first morning and told me to make it know that I was English to the hotel staff as soon as possible because they fucking hate the Russians. I told the pool barman that day and never even had to ask for a drink he would bring them over. Told me in poor English that they hate the Russians because they don't say please, thank you and they push in etc. Me and my bird couldn't believe how fucking rude they were. Just not how humans should behave. No courtesy or awareness for people around them.

Same in Goa

The dont tip,dint take taxis and haggle to the extreme. The Russian holiday started bringing Russian coach drivers in so they could avoid paying taxis. Lasted until the taxi drivers blocked the road snd beat the shit out the bus drivers

• Upvote 1