You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep you are as thick as I thought. 

I think Corbyn wants to respect the vote but equally wants people to have a choice on what they voted for in the first place. In other words "We will respect the vote of the people when the people have voted for something they know what they are voting for"

Not fucking hard is it. 

Then why not say "we want to leave/stay but will give you another vote and will respect it because you will have had a clearer idea what you have voted for" The tories policy is leave, the lib dems is stay and labour is???

As for the being thick accusation, you might be right, clearly im not as bright as you, however these discussions tend to go far better without insults. 

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Then why not say "we want to leave/stay but will give you another vote and will respect it because you will have had a clearer idea what you have voted for" The tories policy is leave, the lib dems is stay and labour is???

As for the being thick accusation, you might be right, clearly im not as bright as you, however these discussions tend to go far better without insults. 

If you didn't support r*ngers I'd probably be nicer.

Read my post back, again. Thats what he is saying to anyone who isn't thick. 

26 minutes ago, Brownie said:

That’s the whole point though isn’t it? They can’t, because they are split themselves, just like the people.

The Tories and Labour are not united behind either position (the Tories are obviously more split), their parties reflect the position of the country.

May as well be open about that and leave it to the people to decide than to align behind a false position (and therefore ignore half of the people).

If Labour were in power then it would be a different story.

This is politics.

I'm not arguing against another referendum just that, as a voter, you should know what a parties policy is on something like remain/stay. As Rico stated, as a staunch remainer, how can he now vote labour? Just as if you are mad keen to leave, how can you vote labour? Far better Tory or Lib Dems.

Seems like a daft tactic to me.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

If you didn't support r*ngers I'd probably be nicer.

Read my post back, again. Thats what he is saying to anyone who isn't thick. 

1. I dont support Rangers. There is no relevance anyway, please knock it on the head

2. It isnt labours policy to state their preference until after the election.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps youre just as thick as me

52 minutes ago, A Red said:

Its even more mad than I thought.

So let me get this right. Labour if it wins a GE, will negotiate a new deal for up to 3 months then a referendum after 6 months. Whilst it is negotiating this deal they will not tell us what they want to do - stay or leave, and will only make it clear when the referendum campaign starts. How can you negotiate for something when you dont have a view on the outcome?

So when I come to vote, all i know is that Labour want a referendum not what the party wants to happen. 

Labour will be the only major party unable to tell the electorate where it stands on the most important issue in 80 odd years. A potential government should be able tell the electorate what they stand for, just stating they want a referendum is a cop out.

Why do you need a party leader to tell you how to vote in the referendum? Can you not make your own mind up?

The people negotiating the deal will be negotiating acceptable terms on which to leave.  My understanding is that talk of the party "remaining neutral" means that MPs will be free to campaign to leave or remain.

It's a good-faith position that respects the electorate. 

18 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Turns out the shadow education secretary is from near me. Went to a school called Avondale and didn’t get a GCSE above a D.  

Left school pregnant at 16.

Far more qualified to understand important issues than any Etonian silver-spoon cunt.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Why do you need a party leader to tell you how to vote in the referendum? Can you not make your own mind up?

The people negotiating the deal will be negotiating acceptable terms on which to leave.  My understanding is that talk of the party "remaining neutral" means that MPs will be free to campaign to leave or remain.

It's a good-faith position that respects the electorate. 

My understanding is that they will tell you how they would like you to vote in the new referendum once conference decides. 

My problem is they wont tell the electorate how they would like the referendum to go in the prior General Election. Its all very wishy washy and designed to fudge it with the electorate for fear of losing northern leave voting seats

27 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm not arguing against another referendum just that, as a voter, you should know what a parties policy is on something like remain/stay. As Rico stated, as a staunch remainer, how can he now vote labour? Just as if you are mad keen to leave, how can you vote labour? Far better Tory or Lib Dems.

Seems like a daft tactic to me.

Because if he votes Labour he gets another referendum. If he votes Tory he gets Leave. If he votes Lib Dem he gets leave.

It’s really not difficult to understand.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brownie said:

Because if he votes Labour he gets another referendum. If he votes Tory he gets Leave. If he votes Lib Dem he gets leave.

No, our policy is revoke and remain. Really not difficult to understand.

24 minutes ago, A Red said:

1. I dont support Rangers. There is no relevance anyway, please knock it on the head

2. It isnt labours policy to state their preference until after the election.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps youre just as thick as me

Number one makes me feel better about you.

The last line, mate I am thick as fuck. Arguably the thickest person on this forum after CT. 

Up the Rebels. 

Just now, Brownie said:

Havent the Lib Dems not stated that they would revoke article 50 and just stay? So therefore Tories leave, Lib Dems stay and Labour another vote

As you say, its not difficult to understand