You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People get awards for being good at their job. Fine.  I've already said that I'd have no problem if she got one for services to broadcasting. But she didn't.

Look how many times she has been discussed on this forum over the last few years. She's got her own thread, for fuck's sake. It should be very easy to find something - anything - to suggest that she has done anything to combat racism or promote Holocaust education. So where is it? 

So your reasoning she doesn’t deserve it is because her work hasn’t been mentioned on the fucking Liverpool Way?! Lovely work.  Moron. 

17 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean she won an award for fighting racism, the big one that killed millions of people. The best thing to do at that point is to complain, or diminish her accomplishments at work.  

Well done lads. You’ve fucking excelled yourselves.  

Do you think if she was a such a campaigner against racism,the likes of angry,who is one of the most vocal critics of racism on here,would be questioning the decision?

You must admit,it's a bit odd.

26 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Do you think if she was a such a campaigner against racism,the likes of angry,who is one of the most vocal critics of racism on here,would be questioning the decision?

You must admit,it's a bit odd.

Not in the slightest, I’m pretty he’s said in the past that he has no interest in her at all.  

I mean there are two reactions to this, one is normal one is a bit fucking weird;

1) I wasn’t aware of her work in this area, I’ll look it up

2) I wasn’t aware of her work in this area therefore it’s a ploy to wind up Labour supporters and Jeremy Corbyn and there’s literally thousands more deserving than her.  

I know little of her or her work but I suspect she got her award for using her profile to stand against antisemitism. She fought and won in courts I believe. That's your reason right there.

Maybe plenty did more but her stuff will have been more effective because its more widely seen.

As an aside, I'm not particularly for the honours system but if I was offered one I'd snap their hands off. 

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know little of her or her work but I suspect she got her award for using her profile to stand against antisemitism. She fought and won in courts I believe. That's your reason right there.

Maybe plenty did more but her stuff will have been more effective because its more widely seen.

As an aside, I'm not particularly for the honours system but if I was offered one I'd snap their hands off. 

She won in the courts (dubiously) against people calling her a cunt on twitter. No bearing whatsoever on her 'honour'. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

She didn't fight anti-Semitism in the courts: she fought a libel case. That's not a reason right there.

She has a high profile, which she could use to tackle anti-Semitism and promote Holocaust education. For example, Judge Rinder made a documentary about the Holocaust and David Baddiel wrote a book about anti-Semitism. I've never heard of her using her profile for anything that useful. 

I've googled her "holocaust awareness" and still can't find a single thing of any substance. Also, her fight against anti-semitism? That's quite amazing. So it was the t-shirt. It was wasn't it. 

Still, she doesn't look like a typical "jew". Her words. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

She has the MBE, it’s you saying she doesn’t deserve it because no one on the fucking GF has mentioned it.  

We're questioning what she has done to deserve it.

Obviously, the reason we can't name anything she's done is that we are massive, massive, MASSIVE racists.

The reason you can't name anything is because you don't work for the Cabinet Office.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We're questioning what she has done to deserve it.

Obviously, the reason we can't name anything she's done is that we are massive, massive, MASSIVE racists.

The reason you can't name anything is because you don't work for the Cabinet Office.

162 pages of awards. You are upset about 1.  

I don’t have to justify the award, particularly not to you.  

I said it would boil the piss of the racists.  You are now the one demanding it meets your requirements- make of that what you will.  

2 hours ago, A Red said:

I was thinking what I would do.if I was ever offered one the other day not very likely but still.

I'd accept then was the news broke I'd tell them very publicly to shove it.