You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'll ask again; what did she do, though?

(Maybe, backstage at Cats Does Countdown she explained to Jimmy Carr why genocide isn't funny. Maybe that's it.)

I have genuinely never seen anything about her doing anything to promote understanding of the Holocaust or to fight racism. Considering she gets discussed so much on here, I would have expected to see something.

I for one am surprised you aren’t consulted before they hand out the honours.  To be honest though you’ve spent years denying there is antisemitism so it’s no shock you aren’t aware of anything she’s done. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If there are thousands, then name, say 50.  I mean it’s that easy.  

You are crying that a woman was fighting racism.  It’s a terrific look.  

I'm laughing because her MBE just further discredits an honours system that is beyond repute and adds further weight to the argument that it needs abolishing. 

I'm laughing that a woman made famous for being pretty and adding things up was given an honour denied to so many more worthy people because she smeared the right people, ie the official opposition to your beloved Conservative Party.

Terrific look? Smell yourself, you snide Rittenhouse loving prick.

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I for one am surprised you aren’t consulted before they hand out the honours.  To be honest though you’ve spent years denying there is antisemitism so it’s no shock you aren’t aware of anything she’s done. 

Classic Rico: when you can't answer a question, tell a lie about the person asking it.

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'm laughing because her MBE just further discredits an honours system that is beyond repute and adds further weight to the argument that it needs abolishing. 

I'm laughing that a woman made famous for being pretty and adding things up was given an honour denied to so many more worthy people because she smeared the right people, ie the official opposition to your beloved Conservative Party.

Terrific look? Smell yourself, you snide Rittenhouse loving prick.

So we’ve established there aren’t thousands of people who’ve done more then, phew.  You are upset a

woman has been rewarded for

fighting against racism and raising awareness of the Holocaust.  It’s absolutely astounding.  We know she doesn’t like the magic grandad and we know she’s sued (and won) people for saying exactly the same things that have been written in this thread - I can only speculate as to why that is but I have an idea. 

My Tory party? 

Rittenhouse loving?  Am I supposed to be hurt by these mewlings?  

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Classic Rico: when you can't answer a question, tell a lie about the person asking it.

But you are assuming it’s my job to answer you.  It isn’t.  Imagine being this upset about a woman getting rewarded for highlighting an attempted genocide. I wonder why you don’t like people who fight antisemitism?  I can’t think of a single reason.  Oh, hold on. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

But you are assuming it’s my job to answer you.  It isn’t.  Imagine being this upset about a woman getting rewarded for highlighting an attempted genocide. I wonder why you don’t like people who fight antisemitism?  I can’t think of a single reason.  Oh, hold on. 

Is it because... because... he's a racist!? 

Good one. 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Doubling down on the patented Rico Technique.

Lying troll tit.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So we’ve established there aren’t thousands of people who’ve done more then, phew. 

We haven't. First, we'd have to establish what - if anything - she's done to fight racism, then we'd have to see if other people have done more.

If you're interested in arguing in good faith, then you would understand the need to back up your claims with, y'know, facts; but if you were interested in good faith arguments, you wouldn't be the Rico we all know and love.

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So we’ve established there aren’t thousands of people who’ve done more then, phew.  You are upset a

woman has been rewarded for

fighting against racism and raising awareness of the Holocaust.  It’s absolutely astounding.  We know she doesn’t like the magic grandad and we know she’s sued (and won) people for saying exactly the same things that have been written in this thread - I can only speculate as to why that is but I have an idea. 

My Tory party? 

Rittenhouse loving?  Am I supposed to be hurt by these mewlings?  

No, we've established that I can't be arsed looking for and compiling a list of those thousands so you can go off of on yet another tangent when I post it. 

If you try reading my posts properly before replying you might see that I'm not crying, I'm not upset, I'm actually laughing at her sham honour. I'm also laughing now at your ridiculous attempts to defend this and attack anyone who calls it out for what it is.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We haven't. First, we'd have to establish what - if anything - she's done to fight racism, then we'd have to see if other people have done more.

If you're interested in arguing in good faith, then you would understand the need to back up your claims with, y'know, facts; but if you were interested in good faith arguments, you wouldn't be the Rico we all know and love.

They aren’t MY claims you fucking moron.  I have nothing to do with handing out these gongs.  I don’t have to justify anything.  

3 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

No, we've established that I can't be arsed looking for and compiling a list of those thousands so you can go off of on yet another tangent when I post it. 

If you try reading my posts properly before replying you might see that I'm not crying, I'm not upset, I'm actually laughing at her sham honour. I'm also laughing now at your ridiculous attempts to defend this and attack anyone who calls it out for what it is.

I didn’t ask for thousands, I asked for 50.  But you can’t provide them because you don’t know. You are crying about someone being rewarded for highlighting the Holocaust. Crying.  

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They aren’t MY claims you fucking moron.  I have nothing to do with handing out these gongs.  I don’t have to justify anything.  

So, because the Tory government (Cabinet Office) claim she's done enough anti-racist work to merit an award, that's good enough for you - even though you're clearly not aware of anything she's done? 

And I'm the moron?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, because the Tory government (Cabinet Office) claim she's done enough anti-racist work to merit an award, that's good enough for you - even though you're clearly not aware of anything she's done? 

And I'm the moron?

Yes it is.  Tell me which of the other awards you want to question?  

If you think the cabinet office awarded her an MBE because she didn’t like Corbyn you truly are a fucking moron.   

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I didn’t ask for thousands, I asked for 50.  But you can’t provide them because you don’t know. You are crying about someone being rewarded for highlighting the Holocaust. Crying.  

Once more, see if you can understand it this time.

It is logically impossible to cite other people who have done more than Rachel Riley, unless you know what Rachel Riley has done. If I ask you to name, for example, countries that have won more Olympic archery medals than France, your first question would have to be "How many have France won?" Obviously.

If I could be arsed, I could draw up a list of 50 anti-racist campaigners and people who promote Holocaust education; but I couldn't tell you whether they have done more or less than Rachel Riley, because (like you) I don't know what she's done.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes it is.  Tell me which of the other awards you want to question?  

If you think the cabinet office awarded her an MBE because she didn’t like Corbyn you truly are a fucking moron.   

Only a moron would think that there is any political influence in the Cabinet Office.

An intelligent person would just take everything they say at face value, without questions.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It is logically impossible to cite other people who have done more than Rachel Riley, unless you know what Rachel Riley has done. If I ask you to name, for example, countries that have won more Olympic archery medals than France, your first question would have to be "How many have France won?" Obviously.

If I could be arsed, I could draw up a list of 50 anti-racist campaigners and people who promote Holocaust education; but I couldn't tell you whether they have done more or less than Rachel Riley, because (like you) I don't know what she's done.

Here’s the full list of this years Honours.  Are we justifying them in alphabetical order or by award.  Because I’m assuming you don’t believe any are warranted until you’ve seen the evidence for every one.  Should be a long day. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948421/New_Year_Honours_List_2021.pdf

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ha ha ‘I have a girlfriend but she goes to a different school’. Fucking hell.  

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s the full list of this years Honours.  Are we justifying them in alphabetical order or by award.  Because I’m assuming you don’t believe any are warranted until you’ve seen the evidence for every one.  Should be a long day. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/948421/New_Year_Honours_List_2021.pdf

People get awards for being good at their job. Fine.  I've already said that I'd have no problem if she got one for services to broadcasting. But she didn't.

Look how many times she has been discussed on this forum over the last few years. She's got her own thread, for fuck's sake. It should be very easy to find something - anything - to suggest that she has done anything to combat racism or promote Holocaust education. So where is it? 

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ‘I have a girlfriend but she goes to a different school’. Fucking hell.  

What the fuck? 

You've just reached into Rico's Big Bag of Snarky Comments for When He Has No Argument and you've picked one that doesn't make sense. Put it back and pull another one out.