You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The people vs OJ Simpson

Mook

OJ Simpson is out next year on parole.

I googled the crime scene pictures, gruesome shit like a lot of murders with violence. If you have the money and the public on your side you can literally get away with murder, or kiddy fiddling in the USA. 

The prosecution lost because of the following

1:Simpson was rich and could afford better lawyers

2:Criminal justice in LA is racially coloured and thus black people assume the system is racist unless proven otherwise.

3:The prosecution fucked up by spending days and days on DNA evidence which was still quite new. The jury could not understand it. 

4:They forgot that simple messages work best "If the gloves dont fit you must acquit." Which allowed people on the jury to justify their own prejudice

5:The judge lost total control of the trial and let it turn into a celebrity whorefest

Guest Pistonbroke

OJ Simpson is out next year on parole.

I googled the crime scene pictures, gruesome shit like a lot of murders with violence. If you have the money and the public on your side you can literally get away with murder, or kiddy fiddling in the USA. 

That is only after serving a minimum of 9 years without parole of a 33 years sentence. Never say never with the US Judicial system but I doubt he'll be given parole at the first attempt. I dare say his time in prison has been spent somewhat differently to your normal criminal. 

Simpson strikes me as a massive fucking twat with money and friends in the right places, but even then he can't get away with being a shit gangster type all the time. If he does get out I hope someone kneecaps the cunt. 

That is only after serving a minimum of 9 years without parole of a 33 years sentence. Never say never with the US Judicial system but I doubt he'll be given parole at the first attempt. I dare say his time in prison has been spent somewhat differently to your normal criminal. 

Simpson strikes me as a massive fucking twat with money and friends in the right places, but even then he can't get away with being a shit gangster type all the time. If he does get out I hope someone kneecaps the cunt. 

Because Simpson will be 70 years old, they say he has a good chance of getting it. I mean he got away with murder, so it wouldn't surprise me. 

I always felt 33 years was a ludicrous sentence for the crime he was eventually convicted for. I strongly suspect the fact that he got away with murder influenced the sentence, even though it really shouldn't have.

Both Clarence Stewart and O.J. Simpson were charged with:

• Count 1: Conspiracy to Commit a Crime
  • Count 2: Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping
  • Count 3: Conspiracy to Commit Robbery
  • Count 4: Burglary while in Possession of a Deadly Weapon
  • Count 5: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 6: 1st Degree Kidnapping with Use of a Deadly Weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 7: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 8: Robbery with Use of a Deadly Weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 9: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
  • Count 10: Assault with a Deadly Weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
  • Count 11: Coercion with a Deadly Weapon (for Bruce Fromong as an alternative to Count 5)
  • Count 12: Coercion with a Deadly Weapon (for Alfred Beardsley as an alternative to Count 6)

The trial began on September 8, 2008, in the court of Nevada District Court Judge Jackie Glass, before an all-white jury,[27] in stark contrast to Simpson's earlier murder trial.[28] On October 3, 2008, Simpson was found guilty of all charges.

Simpson was sentenced on December 5, 2008. The judge ordered eight of the ten counts to run concurrently, with a maximum sentence of 33 years (until 2041) with parole possible after nine years in 2017 when Simpson becomes eligible at age 70.

How come the gloves didn't fit?

• They had shrunk after treatment/blood
  • He had latex gloves underneath
  • He had stopped taking anti-inflammatory for his arthritis
  • He made them not fit by acting/not trying

The gloves were bought for him by Nicole. They were his gloves. 

• Upvote 1

The prosecution lost because of the following

1:Simpson was rich and could afford better lawyers

2:Criminal justice in LA is racially coloured and thus black people assume the system is racist unless proven otherwise.

3:The prosecution fucked up by spending days and days on DNA evidence which was still quite new. The jury could not understand it. 

4:They forgot that simple messages work best "If the gloves dont fit you must acquit." Which allowed people on the jury to justify their own prejudice

5:The judge lost total control of the trial and let it turn into a celebrity whorefest

The case was largely lost due to incompetence at the D. A. office and the LAPD.

For those interested to find out how someone clearly guilty could get away with murder I recommend Outrage by Vince Bugliosi. It's both enlightening and shocking.

• Upvote 1

The case was largely lost due to incompetence at the D. A. office and the LAPD.

For those interested to find out how someone clearly guilty could get away with murder I recommend Outrage by Vince Bugliosi. It's both enlightening and shocking.

He also wrote Helter Skelter abot the trial of the Manson 'Family' and the Sharon Tate et al killings, which is also a very good read. He was lead prosecutor.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got fed up of waiting for this to finish on the BBC so finished it on the Kodi last night.

Even though you know what's coming, the ending is still well done.

Although he still obviously did it, I can see how he got off with it now - those Furhman tapes are really damning, what a complete cunt.

My wife was saying they are of no relevance to the trial but I told her that the defences job is to discredit witnesses, which seeing these prove he lied under oath and admitted to tampering evidence in cases involving blacks and brutality / extreme racism towards blacks, then surely they do that?

The prosecution were unlucky with the gloves. Apparently they didn't fit because they shrunk when they were frozen to preserve the evidence.

Unbelievable that after a year in court they only took 4 hours to come back with a verdict.

Don't get me wrong, there is no question he did it and I'd still have voted guilty, but I can see where the holes in prosecution's case led to a not guilty verdict.

It's mental watching one episode of something a week, I've done Dexter, Breaking Bad & The Sopranos in massive gorging sessions & doing this & Better Caul Saul the old fashioned way at the moment is a bit of a pain, I don't have Kodi or anything though so don't have a lot of choice.

There is something I quite like about having to wait a week though, there's an anticipation it brings which makes me concentrate a bit more on what I'm watching. I think The People vs OJ Simpson could do with more tits though.

• Upvote 1

It's mental watching one episode of something a week, I've done Dexter, Breaking Bad & The Sopranos in massive gorging sessions & doing this & Better Caul Saul the old fashioned way at the moment is a bit of a pain, I don't have Kodi or anything though so don't have a lot of choice.

There is something I quite like about having to wait a week though, there's an anticipation it brings which makes me concentrate a bit more on what I'm watching. I think The People vs OJ Simpson could do with more tits though.

Oh I dunno it had Mark Fuhrman, and was that the least surprising thing when at the end of the show it said he now works for Fox News as a forensic and crime scene expert ....I guess they go together like a hand in glove

• Upvote 1

I think it's been excellent, I was worried it may have become drawn out and boring doing it over 10 episodes but if anything it's got better each week.

It was really good best thing I've seen for a while thought Travolta stole the show, also can't believe how much most of the actors generally looked like who they were portraying so much so I actually thought they got Judge Ito to sit in for his part.

The only one that looked nowhere near who they were playing was Cuba Gooding but I guess they wanted a big name to play O.J.

It was really good best thing I've seen for a while thought Travolta stole the show, also can't believe how much most of the actors generally looked like who they were portraying so much so I actually thought they got Judge Ito to sit in for his part.

The only one that looked nowhere near who they were playing was Cuba Gooding but I guess they wanted a big name to play O.J.

Started watching both this and Vinyl the same night - after the first episode I thought Vinyl was going to beat it hands down and OJ would get a bit shit.

I had it completely wrong - I'm loving OJ and find myself browsing on here when watching Vinyl as it's become repetitive, predictable and boring.