You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

If we got Götze back playing to his Dortmund days he'd be a steal but reading all these questions about his fitness and attitude just screams Kewell/Joe Cole. Before anyone says yes I know he's more talented than Joe Cole was,but I mean the more general point of us thinking we're getting a bargain and it going wrong.

If we got Götze back playing to his Dortmund days he'd be a steal but reading all these questions about his fitness and attitude just screams Kewell/Joe Cole. Before anyone says yes I know he's more talented than Joe Cole was,but I mean the more general point of us thinking we're getting a bargain and it going wrong.

Ridiculous. I don't remember joe cole scoring the winning goal in the world cup final aged 21. Why in the name of sanity are you comparing gotze to joe cole and harry kewell? Get a fucking grip.

I'd like to think I'm a reasonable chap (we all do!) and I have responded to JP's posts, from time to time, in what I felt was a fair and constructive way. For a long time I admired his support for Rodgers, but enough is enough now! Rodgers had three full years here, plus a bit. He was well backed. He won nothing. And he left his successor with an imbalanced squad, overloaded in some areas and woefully short in others. To say nothing of their mentality that needed new life breathing back into it by Klopp as they were so timid. (There's only so far he can take it without changing some personnel, but that's another discussion).

Yes. We went close. So close. And we all loved it. How we all would have dearly loved to see Stevie lift that Premier League trophy, but it wasn't to be. After that we went backwards. Alarmingly so. A world class manager became available and we persuaded him to break his sabbatical to come and help us.

Without a preseason, and with games coming thick and fast, meaning less time to train, Klopp has done well enough with another man's players. He took us to two cup finals and gave us some big European nights. If in hindsight that proves to be the high point of his time at Liverpool, Klopp will, like Rodgers, be judged as having fallen short. But at the moment this feels different. New life and energy has been breathed into the club. You get the sense that we are at the start of an exciting journey, and the high points we've seen so far are viewed, at least by me, as a taster of what is to come.

Rodgers has gone. Good luck at Celtic and all that, but we are Liverpool, Klopp is our manager, and that's what should be the focus.

On a personal note I am committed to not engaging in this silly dialogue over Rodgers any longer. His record at Liverpool is there for all to see - good, bad, and in between. There's no point over praising him and no point doing him down.

I don't think these boards are moderated heavily, and that's largely a good thing, but on this issue I feel there should be some sort of reminder to take it to the former manager forum. It gets tiresome seeing the same thing about the same guy all the time, and it is, I feel, starting to weigh on a few people.

Anyhow, Klopp is our man. Like all good reds, I can't wait to see what he does to shape his team ahead of next season.

• Upvote 9

Ridiculous. I don't remember joe cole scoring the winning goal in the world cup final aged 21. Why in the name of sanity are you comparing gotze to joe cole and harry kewell? Get a fucking grip.

I knew someone would not read my post properly. Like I said Götze is better than them two yes but they also came with big reputations but fitness and attitude fucked them. gotze has done nothing for Bayern and it's a bit worrying they want to let him go. Kewell especially was seen as a massive steal when we bought him by the way.

Oh, the Smokey Joe argument. The hyperventilated english Messi who stole a few million and took a long piss on the Liverbird while laughing about the illusions of our fanbase once he was out the door with his stolen millions in his bank account. Good and -above all- an original point allibabadin, you fucking dickhead.

• Upvote 1

As for players, Gotze would be a very welcome addition and I hope we do it. His quality in the final third will help us, and he also knows where he net is, which is good, as we don't get enough goals out of the players behind the striker, by and large.

If Gotze arrives I hope to see a pacy wide forward come in. Dembele would have been a great signing, and if that's an indication of the type of player Klopp wants then fantastic. If we sign such a player we have too many up there, especially as we will have less games next season.

My best guess is that out of the players who play in the three behind the strik, Lallana will make way. He has hit some good form and isn't a bad player by any means, but Gotze, Firmino and Coutinho are all better, and for the sake of a bit of variety, we need a speed merchant in the three too, as this will give us another way to open up our attacking play.

Oh, and as for central defenders, I'd prefer Tah over Sule because he is much faster. Both are big strong units and good in the air, but I feel Tah offers a bit more. Mind you, I don't know how much the price differential would be.

Karius

Matip

Tah

Hector

Chilwell

Gruijic

Zielinski (Dahoud preferred if possible)

Gotze

Wide forward with pace

Something like that would be ace, with obviously a good many players leaving too.

• Upvote 1

I knew someone would not read my post properly. Like I said Götze is better than them two yes but they also came with big reputations but fitness and attitude fucked them. gotze has done nothing for Bayern and it's a bit worrying they want to let him go. Kewell especially was seen as a massive steal when we bought him by the way.

Ah yes. I clearly didn't understand your insightful insight. Stop comparing harry kewell to mario gotze.

I'd like to think I'm a reasonable chap (we all do!) and I have responded to JP's posts, from time to time, in what I felt was a fair and constructive way. For a long time I admired his support for Rodgers, but enough is enough now! Rodgers had three full years here, plus a bit. He was well backed. He won nothing. And he left his successor with an imbalanced squad, overloaded in some areas and woefully short in others. To say nothing of their mentality that needed new life breathing back into it by Klopp as they were so timid. (There's only so far he can take it without changing some personnel, but that's another discussion).

Yes. We went close. So close. And we all loved it. How we all would have dearly loved to see Stevie lift that Premier League trophy, but it wasn't to be. After that we went backwards. Alarmingly so. A world class manager became available and we persuaded him to break his sabbatical to come and help us.

Without a preseason, and with games coming thick and fast, meaning less time to train, Klopp has done well enough with another man's players. He took us to two cup finals and gave us some big European nights. If in hindsight that proves to be the high point of his time at Liverpool, Klopp will, like Rodgers, be judged as having fallen short. But at the moment this feels different. New life and energy has been breathed into the club. You get the sense that we are at the start of an exciting journey, and the high points we've seen so far are viewed, at least by me, as a taster of what is to come.

Rodgers has gone. Good luck at Celtic and all that, but we are Liverpool, Klopp is our manager, and that's what should be the focus.

On a personal note I am committed to not engaging in this silly dialogue over Rodgers any longer. His record at Liverpool is there for all to see - good, bad, and in between. There's no point over praising him and no point doing him down.

I don't think these boards are moderated heavily, and that's largely a good thing, but on this issue I feel there should be some sort of reminder to take it to the former manager forum. It gets tiresome seeing the same thing about the same guy all the time, and it is, I feel, starting to weigh on a few people.

Anyhow, Klopp is our man. Like all good reds, I can't wait to see what he does to shape his team ahead of next season.

Very good post Mr Richards,common sense as always.

If we go into next season with a first choice midfield of Can-Milner-Allen, we may as well shut down until August 2017 and then try again.

Considering Klopp had plenty of opportunity to pick that midfield this season, and didn't once (except when Joe came on as sub to close the game) I think it's fairly unlikely it will be our first choice midfield next season.

Oh, and as for central defenders, I'd prefer Tah over Sule because he is much faster. Both are big strong units and good in the air, but I feel Tah offers a bit more. Mind you, I don't know how much the price differential would be.

Karius

Matip

Tah

Hector

Chilwell

Gruijic

Zielinski (Dahoud preferred if possible)

Gotze

Wide forward with pace

Something like that would be ace, with obviously a good many players leaving too.

Sign me up.

In a shicking turn of events Milan have reportedly told Balotelli that they only way he stays is on loan again. An Italian ckub taking the piss over a transfer. Im shocked i tell you.

To be honesy if he would agree to go with no pay off and a straight release id probably let him. No one he would move to will buy him. He will straight up refuse moves to stay in Milan

One of the newly promoted teams want to sign him but they would probably want the useless tit on loan and want us to pay his wages. Pity no Chinese club would take him but he'd probably turn down a move so he can stay in Milan and "prove himself" by coming on as a sub in injury time every other week before falling out with the manager over his laziness in training.

Thats the issue,the only clubs that want him wont pay for him(outside of China) or he wont move. Just agree that Milan take on his contract and fuck him off. Should never have been signed in the first place. It was always ging to end like this,you could see it a mile off

Sums it up when the Balotelli stuff would be perfectly suited to the Shitness of modern football thread. He is an absolute disgrace, makes Ronaldo look like Billy Liddell As a person.

Where else but football could he get away with what he does, politics maybe. Watched him the other week vs Roma, got pulled at half time, did fuck all but moan about the ball not going to feet and gesticulating like a two year old after a new toy. Absolute stain of a man. Should be done for fraud.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/672891/Liverpool-Target-Arrives-On-Merseyside-Medical-Anfield-Switch-Transfer-News-Gossip

Paul Joyce

Loris Karius arrives in Liverpool: Mainz goalkeeper set for medical ahead of £4.7m switch

LORIS KARIUS has arrived on Merseyside and will today undergo a medical ahead of sealing a £4.7m move from Mainz.

The goalkeeper, 22, will be expected to challenge Simon Mignolet for the No1 jersey next season.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has already recruited Marko Grujic and Joel Matip and Karius will become his third signing.

Klopp is still hoping to plunder his Germany connections by persuading Mario Gotze to move to Anfield from Bayern Munich and also Mahmoud Dahoud to join from Borussia Monchengladbach. Dahoud is Liverpool’s first choice to boost their midfield, ahead of Poland international Piotr Zielinski.

Karius and Gotze share the same agent – Volker Struth – and talks are ongoing over a deal for the World Cup winner who has been told he can leave Bayern.

• Upvote 1

Karius and Gotze share the same agent – Volker Struth – and talks are ongoing over a deal for the World Cup winner who has been told he can leave Bayern.

I bet the Gotze deal is done and dusted (Personal terms, anyway), and we're just needing to offer Bayern the right amount.