You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

According to James Pearce:

Klopp says Sturridge hurt his thigh. "I just hope it's only a small injury and he can play again soon. The goal was really great."

Call me a cynic but we have seen 'little injuries' with this lad before mean weeks and weeks out

I recall him missing Spurs away and Klopp said he had a 'small problem' - we didn't see him for months.

Klopp says Sturridge hurt his thigh. "I just hope it's only a small injury and he can play again soon. The goal was really great."

Call me a cynic but we have seen 'little injuries' with this lad before mean weeks and weeks out

I recall him missing Spurs away and Klopp said he had a 'small problem' - we didn't see him for months.

He is made out of old Bazooka Joe wrappers isn't he? Bertie Bassett is harder than Sturridge.

You truly have to be a fucking moron to suggest selling him. You'd think you're all going to personally receive 150k per week in your pockets.

What's the point? It's not like we are going to reinvest it in a striker and even if we did find one, I'd be highly surprised if we could get the deal across the line.

Keep him - best case he is fit and scores a shit load as he is still the most clinical striker at the club. Worst case he is injured and fuck if I care if John Henry has to pay his wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

He'll be fine after Christmas

The lad has worked hard and it looked to me as though he put in a couple of sprints against Bayern. Last season the consensus seemed to be that his sprinting days were behind him, so we saw something tonight that was unexpected. The finish was sublime, and not many players can do that sort of thing, but we know Sturridge can, hence the allure of persevering with him, warts and all. Unfortunately the player pulling up was entirely predictable!

So what do you do?

I think if good money was on the table for him we'd have taken it. Since it evidently wasn't (my guess on the situation) we have decided to persist and that means trying to extract from the player what we can.

Good luck to him. And hopefully this really is just a minor twinge, though obviously his track record leaves us all weary.

Sturridge only being fit for half the season isn't a problem if we have actually had a squad. If you have the six forwards for three places that you should have, then a player only needs to be fit to start half the games anyway.

Of course it's a problem if one of your top earners is only available for half the season. Also we all know that Sturridge will be available for far less than that don't we.

And finally, when he's available he's very far from the player he once was or could've been.

If we could get him off our hands we should, and I'm pretty sure Klopp would.