You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

Klopp is fighting for the whole club! He is getting it going. He spoke out about feeling like he was alone a few weeks ago. He has enough about him that he didn't take any stick from fans for that. He was right too.

Then today he was firing it all up. He is an emotional man, but it's an emotional game! OK, it was only a draw, but it's all about the circumstances. Rival fans can have a laugh if they want, but they don't know. Klopp is recognizing the fight that is coming back. We kept going. The fans kept believing. It all augurs well for the future.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think Klopp has brought the atmosphere back by instilling a real fighting mindset into the team (not too consistent yet, but it's there at times.) They seem to have a desire to battle which has been lacking, so good on the team and the manager for that. It clearly seems like the crowd are fuelling that at times, which is great. Kind of reminds me of when Rafa was here and we were battering teams when on form.

I think Klopp has brought the atmosphere back by instilling a real fighting mindset into the team (not too consistent yet, but it's there at times.) They seem to have a desire to battle which has been lacking, so good on the team and the manager for that. It clearly seems like the crowd are fuelling that at times, which is great. Kind of reminds me of when Rafa was here and we were battering teams when on form.

I think the phrase "at times" is important in what you're saying there, as our last 2 aways have been abject and anything but fighting displays.

I think the phrase "at times" is important in what you're saying there, as our last 2 aways have been abject and anything but fighting displays.

Yeah it's clearly not consistent yet, am just hoping it gets better gradually. With some luck Klopp will give them a good kick up the arse mentally before they get onto the pitch for the next game.

I think we need to new players and have more natural fighters on the pitch.

Agreed, will be pissed off if Klopp isn't able to get at least one or two over the next month or so, because he should really be able to start making the team his own asap. No way should he have to wait until the summer.

At the same time though, I like our current squad a lot. As they showed against City and Chelsea, etc, they're clearly capable of doing well, they have to be more consistent though. It's clear that they're missing in areas and need help, but I have a fair bit of faith that many of them will do well in the right team.

edit : to make it a bit more clear - I don't think Klopp needs to do a full on rebuild with transfers, more that he needs to add his own players to around maybe half of what's already there.

Agreed, will be pissed off if Klopp isn't able to get at least one or two over the next month or so, because he should really be able to start making the team his own asap. No way should he have to wait until the summer.

At the same time though, I like our current squad a lot. As they showed against City and Chelsea, etc, they're clearly capable of doing well, they have to be more consistent though. It's clear that they're missing in areas and need help, but I have a fair bit of faith that many of them will do well in the right team.

edit : to make it a bit more clear - I don't think Klopp needs to do a full on rebuild with transfers, more that he needs to add his own players to around half of what's already there.

Many of them probably will do ok in the right team....

The right team is just not ours though - as they just aren't up to it.

We need to jib all the weak both physically and mentally...rid the team of the slowness that kills it in terms of speed of movement and importantly thought - add some fight and steel and leadership, those things - fight and steel and leadership are desperately short in the side.

Many of them probably will do ok in the right team....

The right team is just not ours though - as they just aren't up to it.

We need to jib all the weak both physically and mentally...

That's why I think we'll be more or less fine with Klopp's half added, if he can do it well enough! With some of his players it might give more of our current ones the confidence, etc, that they need. As they'll have more of an idea of the managers vision for the squad if that can happen. Players like Can and a few others should improve if that happens too, because they're young enough to be able to adapt.

Of course this could be wrong, just my own view on it.

That's why I think we'll be more or less fine with Klopp's half added, if he can do it well enough! With some of his players it might give more of our current ones the confidence, etc, that they need. As they'll have more of an idea of the managers vision for the squad if that can happen. Players like Can and a few others should improve if that happens too, because they're young enough to be able to adapt.

Of course this could be wrong, just my own view on it.

I agree some of our younger players can and will improve with better players and men with bigger characters around them.

I just think we need a new spine and of course some spines in the side.

I trust Klopp to add them - hopefully starting in the coming days and weeks.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So called "day trippers" are killing the atmosphere not just at Anfield but, the mancs, Arsenal (not Chelsea there all plastic flag waving chavs any way) and a lot of other clubs, the prices are becoming so inflated that average fans can no longer afford to go week in week out so these plastic fans go with their wife spend a few hundred quid in the gift shop spend the game taking pics / videos on their ipad so they can tell their work colleagues they've been to Anfield home of the red team and their wife spends the whole game shopping on her iPhone using Anfields free wifi.I understand fans from Norway / Ireland ect coming over for games no problem with that 9 out of 10 treat it like a football match rather than a status symbol. 

• Upvote 1