You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Ive heard that once the window shuts, John is going to write to us all individually, changing his prose and text to suit the individuals intelligence.

The most angry will get a signed picture of Linda in the bath and an "all you can eat" dunkin donuts voucher.     

Touch of class

Ive heard that once the window shuts, John is going to write to us all individually, changing his prose and text to suit the individuals intelligence.

The most angry will get a signed picture of Linda in the bath and an "all you can eat" dunkin donuts voucher.

Touch of class

if we get to touch Linda's class I'm all in, literally.

Ok, the landscape may look quite different by Friday morning after the window has quietly shut in an orderly fashion at midnight Thursday (why it always has to slam shut, I have no idea).

I am/was bordering on the sceptical side for FSG, but given todays developments, there seems to be a feeling of old school transfer business going on, in that the Keita deal has unexpectedly happened. Ok, not in the way we would like, but given that some sharks are circling the pool, and that most transfer business is public property, could it be FSG have been very astute ? Throwing it out there.

I, like most, would like business tied up early, so there is as full a pre season program as possible for new guys to integrate etc and not be traipsing in over an international break that happens 3 games in after a window that ends after the same period.. It also begs the question would FSG have been so active had we ended up in comedy thursdays ? Unless we were playing Stevies lads in each round, we would still have needed reinforcements.

Im hoping it isnt smoke and mirrors in terms of bidding for players we are categorically told are not for sale, like Lemar, just to keep the feel good factor of what has been a decent week and a more than reasonable start to the season. Are we also under estimating Klopp as he has previous in bringing the best out of players, which is why so many of Rodgers signings are still here ?

A Dutch centre back and a Portugese guy on loan with the errant Brazilian remaining will do me for the last week. If the Brazilian goes for the Frenchman in his place, fine. Perhaps I, and others, are guilty of undermining the board and the manager based on what is happening eslewhere. We wont know for sure until Monday, but lets not have it spoil a great start.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it was by design or just luck, but securing such a top-notch group of African players at a time when the AFCON will no longer be such an issue could be massive in the coming seasons. 

Nice work securing Keita regardless, given the circumstances. 

Not sure if it was by design or just luck, but securing such a top-notch group of African players at a time when the AFCON will no longer be such an issue could be massive in the coming seasons.

Nice work securing Keita regardless, given the circumstances.

We are in the CL yet have barely strengthened the squad in the areas we need most,defenders and a GK. If we got LeMar and a CH before the deadline it would be ok,nothing more as we still need more numbers to cover extra games and the inevitable injuries.

• Upvote 1

They've presided over a multitude of fuck ups.

However, I really can't see why they are getting criticised for the Keita thing now. Yes we need to strengthen now, but we've had a player that the manager seems to be really set on getting, his club don't want to sell despite us offering way more than he is going to be available for next year. 

We've compromised and decided on paying them a bit more and getting the deal done in advance. So Leipzig are getting a bit more than they would and we are presumably paying a bit less than we offered this year.

He'll be here nice and early next year and ready for pre season etc. 

There is a lot to criticise FSG for and they've fucked a lot of deals up but surely we have to say they've done OK in ultimately getting this one sorted?

• Upvote 1

Well, we are £150,000,000.00 outlay away from that being a reality. Should it happen, certain people will be scuttling into hiding.

I'd imagine most anti-FSG supporters would be elated, given that they would have rectified their main gripe with FSG, which has been lack of investment in the team.

• Upvote 5

I'd imagine most anti-FSG supporters would be elated, given that they would have rectified their main gripe with FSG, which has been lack of investment in the team.

I’m sure the majority would be delighted. It wouldn’t stop them looking like spoilt children on Christmas Eve, though. I guess we will see how it turns out in the coming days. But that was always the argument from the more level headed; let’s wait and see what actually happens before making definitive statements.

I’ll tell you something I believe will happen, though; if we end up adding both VVD and Lamar, which I personally think is unlikely, there are still a good percentage of those who absolutely will try to twist it and put a dampener on it.

I’m sure the majority would be delighted. It wouldn’t stop them looking like spoilt children on Christmas Eve, though. I guess we will see how it turns out in the coming days. But that was always the argument from the more level headed; let’s wait and see what actually happens before making definitive statements.

I agree that it's best to wait and see but in fairness we've waited patiently many, many times before only to be served still-warm canine stool.

I agree that it's best to wait and see but in fairness we've waited patiently many, many times before only to be served still-warm canine stool.

Yeah, no doubt. But at this very moment, when we are second in the league, battered our rival, have broken our transfer record twice and still might again, have an exceptional attack, and exciting manager who has proven he can take on richer clubs and win league titles... there are still guys who are just fucked off and think everything is shit and call our players fucking cunts.

We’ve been through a rough spot in the club’s history, I totally get that. The H&G situation was hideous, we haven’t won the league in so long I can’t even remember how many seasons it has been. I lost count at around 25. We went through a period of spending obscene money and wages on players who were just fucking shit and not good enough to challenge our rivals. Somebody had to say... stop! Spending literally hundreds of millions and getting Carroll’s, Downings, Lovrens, has to stop. If you want to spend big money, it has to be on big players.

It hasn’t been a nice period but - and prepare for the corny - I do take some life lessons from holding your head up through the storm, and knowing there’s something better coming. Nothing is perfect and I’d sooner have a trillionaire scouser as owner, but we need to look at the situation and know when to enjoy the moment. Otherwise the whole thing is just misery. Unneeded misery at that. We have to look at things improving under Klopp... the owners are clearly willing to spend big to back him. Mane, Salah, Keita... others on the horizon too. Back in the CL.

Sometimes just sing the Piña Colada song and enjoy the moment.

• Upvote 1

If we sign Lemar, keep Coutinho and sign a top quality centre back, I'll be very happy with this summer's business.

Well, I would say it’s the best transfer window in my 30 years at the club if that happens. I’m very, very skeptical that we will get both Lamar and VVD. It would be fucking outrageous if we did.

VVD

Lamar

Keita

Salah

Solanke

Robertson

Yeah, that’s championship manager shit right there. Best part of £200m spent too. It would easily blow away anything over ever seen from us.

So yeah, I can’t see us getting both.

Well, I would say it’s the best transfer window in my 30 years at the club if that happens. I’m very, very skeptical that we will get both Lamar and VVD. It would be fucking outrageous if we did.

VVD

Lamar

Keita

Salah

Solanke

Robertson

Yeah, that’s championship manager shit right there. Best part of £200m spent too. It would easily blow away anything over ever seen from us.

So yeah, I can’t see us getting both.

This still just gets in under the 30 years

Ray Houghton

John Barnes

Peter Beardsley

Mike Marsh

To think all that for under 4ml and we still made a net profit

• Upvote 1