You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

You repeat this line all the time but same as the rest of us you have no clue about the realities who may or may not be interested in the club and what is going on behind closed doors. I doubt theres a trillionaire unicorn season ticket holder out there wanting to buy us but its still possible there'll be other suitors you and I will never have heard of. And until FSG actively look to sell we wont.

So you think if there was anyone interested in buying our club they wouldn't get in touch directly with the club or its lawyers, and wouldn't leak it to the press, just because FSG haven't put the club on Rightmove?  

granted, we used to be different though, now through it all I couldn't give fuck!! only the germans seem to have it right.

point being though there's only so long fickle customers will put up with no trophies they will simply move onto another club.

I personally think we are set up to be an exciting team to watch not a winning team but an exciting team to get those tv ratings in.

I agree mate, I really do. Im not saying fsg are perfect, Im just saying they arent complete shit. Yes, they've done some shit things but equally the shit things abramovic and mansour etc have done have been subtly swept under the carpet by money and their fans do as they please.

But like Ive said, I find it depressing and embarassing we havent won the title in 27 years (cue the manc jibes) not that we havnet won the league cup or fa cup since 2012.

Id rather the club only entered the 'champions league' as champions of england and not this shite where Europa League winners can get in it never mind 2nd, 3rd, and 4th placed clubs

One notable difference is that those clubs win trophies. 

Yes, and how much has mansour poured into city and how much has abramovic into chelsea? Funny, I remember people droning on about not wanting an abramovic owner back when he started his project.

So you think if there was anyone interested in buying our club they wouldn't get in touch directly with the club or its lawyers, and wouldn't leak it to the press, just because FSG haven't put the club on Rightmove?

Its all completely hypothetical. Just because we've never heard about anyone trying to buy us doesnt mean it didnt happen nor does it mean it wont happen in the future. Ita entirely possible you're correct and nobody has even tried to buy us. Thats the point really. Nobody knows so its a moot point.

When people complain and bitch and whine about FSG it doesnt automatically mean they want a trillionaire owner to come turn us into a vanity project. Some will and some wont want that.

Me personally believe FSG are just being tight arses and the only thing that 'might' make that change is a bit of fan pressure.

Its all completely hypothetical. Just because we've never heard about anyone trying to buy us doesnt mean it didnt happen nor does it mean it wont happen in the future. Ita entirely possible you're correct and nobody has even tried to buy us. Thats the point really. Nobody knows so its a moot point.

When people complain and bitch and whine about FSG it doesnt automatically mean they want a trillionaire owner to come turn us into a vanity project. Some will and some wont want that.

Me personally believe FSG are just being tight arses and the only thing that 'might' make that change is a bit of fan pressure.

Well, I've stopped buying donuts.  I believe FSG are doing what they bought the club to do, and because they are not going bankrupt, they'll sell when they want at the price they'll accept.  I actually thought they would sell a few years ago, because I didn't think they'd invest in the ground.  I was wrong, but that was because none of us could anticipate the latest TV deal.  My feeling is as soon as the TV money peaks (it may already have done) that is the time they'll look to sell, as there is little else they can do to monetise a product slowly but surely decreasing in popularity.   

Well, I've stopped buying donuts. I believe FSG are doing what they bought the club to do, and because they are not going bankrupt, they'll sell when they want at the price they'll accept. I actually thought they would sell a few years ago, because I didn't think they'd invest in the ground. I was wrong, but that was because none of us could anticipate the latest TV deal. My feeling is as soon as the TV money peaks (it may already have done) that is the time they'll look to sell, as there is little else they can do to monetise a product slowly but surely decreasing in popularity.

Yeah I'd agree 100% on that. There had to be an exit plan it just depends on when they'll execute.

My feeling is as soon as the TV money peaks (it may already have done) that is the time they'll look to sell, as there is little else they can do to monetise a product slowly but surely decreasing in popularity.   

I think the biggest one is yet to come - if Amazon and co throw their hat into the ring then Sky just don't have the clout to compete with them.

• Upvote 1

The problem with the sale now is the asking price - FSG have very cleverly built up the value of the club (even though things are no better really on the pitch) so they make a huge profit when they sell.

But the asking price/valuation means that anyone who does buy us is highly unlikely to invest heavily in the football side as the kind of money needed on top of buying us is huge.....far easier to buy a West Ham for a fraction of the price and then pump £400m into buying the league - still be less than just buying us.

You repeat this line all the time but same as the rest of us you have no clue about the realities who may or may not be interested in the club and what is going on behind closed doors. I doubt theres a trillionaire unicorn season ticket holder out there wanting to buy us but its still possible there'll be other suitors you and I will never have heard of. And until FSG actively look to sell we wont.

Unfortunately, when stringy posts, stringy posts the same old tedious shite.