You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Henderson: If one of those people said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. 

at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay.

That is besides the fact that you deliberately omitted the part that contradicts with your imagination, in bold below:

Henderson: If one of those people said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And I have to then think about what’s next for me in my career. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club or they were saying they wanted me to leave but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay.

• Downvote 1

I'm bored with the whole Hendo saga,   Good servant of the club ,32 years old and past his best takes silly money offer from the Saudis rather than spend his match days warming the bench, OK the optics don't look great given the Saudi track record on human rights but it shouldn't be individual over the hill semi famous footballers expected to give them the big finger whilst the ruling football bodies do fuck all other than take their wedge .   

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Make of it what you want.

I make this of it:

Klopp said: 'Hendo said the truth, in all departments. That's how it was. There‘s not a bit of bad blood or whatever. He is the captain of the most successful team this club saw in the Premier League era and rightly so. He's a sensational player. I wish him only the best and, when he comes here, from my point of view he gets a real farewell, everything. There's nothing to misunderstand from that point of view.'

'We had our talks and I told Hendo I wanted him to stay,' Klopp said. 'But we had to talk in these conversations about the possibility of not playing regularly. I told him we [would] bring in players and stuff like this.

'I cannot have a talk before a season and tell a player they will have 50 games this season, 100 per cent, because I don't know that. It all depends on performance. And if Hendo had performed, he would have had maybe 50 games, absolutely possible.

'Hendo is a fantastic player, I will love him forever, super guy, but he's not great when he's not playing, let me say it like that.

'But anyway, what he said is that if I would have told him: "Hendo, stay here, you will be the main man in midfield", he would have stayed. That's the truth, but I couldn't say that. As much as I wanted him to stay, I couldn't say that. 

Probably watched Mcallister and Szoboszlai for 5 minutes in training and thought fuck that.

Knew his time was up, going to be a bit part player and didn’t fancy the fight for his place….

His main priority has never been LFC it’s always been those gammon headed flag shagging cunts and he made sure it wouldn’t affect his chances before he fucked off to line his pockets in a dogshit league.

Tarnished his legacy massively for me, fuck him.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Probably watched Mcallister and Szoboszlai for 5 minutes in training and thought fuck that.

Knew his time was up, going to be a bit part player and didn’t fancy the fight for his place….

His main priority has never been LFC it’s always been those gammon headed flag shagging cunts and he made sure it wouldn’t affect his chances before he fucked off to line his pockets in a dogshit league.

Tarnished his legacy massively for me, fuck him.

From the horse's mouth, another challenge he's bottled and ran away from.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

I always thought Henderson was mostly shit while he was here and before all this crap happened. But ridiculing a former captain, one who captained us to major honours, to this extent is bad gammon behaviour.

Totally agree mate. Some fucking whoppers in our fan base.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, kemskem said:

Didn’t have the stomach to fight for his place/sold out and went for the money. Take your pick/make of it what you want.

This is what I make of it:

1. Both points have enough merit to be taken seriously.

2. It is only natural for a top professional at the end of his career to choose a path that gives him more playing time AND more money. He didn’t claim otherwise by the way. He said the following in his interview:

Dont get me wrong, when you move, the business deal has to be tight. You have to have financials, you have to feel wanted, you have to feel valued. And money is a part of that. But that wasn’t the sole reason.

3. He will always be a club legend, and so will Stevie G.

CE1DA47C-1430-4AA9-9046-0453CB322691.jpeg

• Downvote 1

Money was not a factor he said. No worries there would have been plenty of clubs queuing to sign him and match his wages all over Europe such is his talent.

I don’t blame him for going for the cash, far better than him have, but he shit on his legacy. Thankfully we got £12m and him off the wage bill. 

IMG_3626.gif

• Upvote 1