Quantcast
The Office - Page 7 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

The Office

I think it will be good because if there is one thing Gervais is good at its playing David Brent. Every other character he has played have been crap though, I agree.

He's amazing in Derek

I fucking loved extras too! I love pretty much every TV show he has produced. He comes across a bit smug in the media etc but he's good at what he does.

I liked Extras, season 2 and the Christmas Special especially.  

I found Derek a little bit uncomfortable on the basis he was gurning and playing what could be considered a mentally disadvantaged person.  I get that the message was that "being a good person holds no intellectual bounds" and he showed up more mentally capable characters up in terms of morals etc but it just made me cringe watching him sometimes. 

Watched the training day episode on my lunch today. Easily my favourite one

"Get the guitar."

• Upvote 2

I liked Extras, season 2 and the Christmas Special especially.  

I found Derek a little bit uncomfortable on the basis he was gurning and playing what could be considered a mentally disadvantaged person.  I get that the message was that "being a good person holds no intellectual bounds" and he showed up more mentally capable characters up in terms of morals etc but it just made me cringe watching him sometimes. 

Yeah i was the same, far too mawkish as well, and without Merchant it lacked a certain spark. 

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me. Gareth you throw some insults at me

Well the Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Why would they say that?

Ok well a lot of people are laughing at the heels on your shoes

I won't be wearing the shoes!

• Upvote 2