You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Office

Elite

The Thick of It

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder

Peep Show

The Office

Only Fools and Horses

They're my top six, way ahead of everything else. Not actually sure which I'd boot to make it a top five. Probably Peep Show. Trying to think what else I'd add from other countries. I don't speak any other languages well enough to have anything from a non English speaking country. Do like Trailer Park Boys a lot. Parks and Rec was decent, but I think I just got hooked as if it were a soap rather than finding it really funny. Quite liked Curb Your Enthusiasm but probably only ever seen a couple of episodes, might go and watch some now.

The UK has produced some fucking top class comedy. Del Boy, David Brent, Basil Fawlty, Malcolm Tucker...phenomenal characters.

In terms of comedies, I have it third behind Reeves and Mortimer and Alan Partridge. The Office was pure genuis from start to finish.

And if you haven't seen The Thick of It, watch it because it's genuis too.

Blackadder

Fools and Horses

Fawlty Towers

Early Doors

Royle Family

Porridge

Not the Nine O Clock News

Ive missed plenty out as these few are off the top of my head and are all British and better than the Office.

Not even close.

Gervais and Merchant arent bad but they are no Curtis and Elton.

In terms of comedies, I have it third behind Reeves and Mortimer and Alan Partridge. The Office was pure genuis from start to finish.

And if you haven't seen The Thick of It, watch it because it's genuis too.

In fourth, my attempt at spelling 'genius'.

Fucking hell, what a twat.

"Get the guitar."

• Upvote 2