You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner is....

TheHowieLama

He's been a regular since the turn of the year and is the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.

Outstanding performer.

Earlier in the season, one of the lads suggested Klopp might be saving him for the business end of the season. I reckon he was right.
  • Upvote 1

Earlier in the season, one of the lads suggested Klopp might be saving him for the business end of the season. I reckon he was right.

Possibly.

The other angle is that he wanted to use him sparingly and Milner played his way back in.

Similar to Gary Mac in many ways.

I think with Lallana being out all year, and Wijnaldum's regression, that has opened up the door for him.

He just does all the little things right. Holding possession or going early, closing down or backing off etc it’s always the right decision. There was a moment when ox gave the ball away in the middle of the pitch and it was panic stations. I was screaming at him to just foul the player and take the booking but he was trying to get the ball clean. A good pass and they were in. They delayed and the options were closing off for them. Over comes Milner, we’ve got Van Dijk and you haven’t, tap your heel, you go down, ref gives free kick, crisis averted.

Milner is worth his weight in Gold in this squad. He is a solid performer that can be relied upon to do a job wherever he is deployed.

I don't know how long he has left on his contract, is it one, two years?, whatever it is, offer him a new one now for 2 more years.

He was excellent last night and in the big games he always produces, he is steady, he reads a game and he can play anywhere in the middle 3.

In an ideal world, next season he is cover for the Midfield, with Keita coming in as a starter, but we need steady heads.

Chances are the main 3 will be Keita, Chamberlain and Henderson, but with injuries aplenty and hopefully another full on CL campaign, he will be getting 25-30 plus games again.

• Upvote 1