You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner is....

TheHowieLama

It's pathetic of City's fans to boo him after all he did for them. How dare he leave a team where he would barely have got a game at the end of his contract.

It sums the cunts up. They don’t deserve what they’ve got but it won’t last anyway. The fanbase is a joke.

In the heat of rivalry, when fans are trying to put the other team off (legitimately) booing is all par for the course. It affects Sterling, as he is usually rubbish when he plays against Liverpool. It obviously does not affect Big Games James. 

The circumstances of them leaving Liverpool and Man City are miles apart. Young player, bit too big for his boots, offered a new deal, wanted more elsewhere, thought he was moving on to bigger and better. Not pleasant when a young player you have 'made' does that to you, hence the booing. 

Milner was a squad man at Man City and he was pushed to the periphery with all their money. He still had more to give so we signed him on a Bosman. He has never been anything other than a good pro, a good player, and no bother to anyone who has employed him. 

To boo Milner is wide of the mark, but it was some sort of misguided City response to seeing their man and their team get booed. 

James Milner is....

Laughing. 

Hopefully enjoying a nice massage and an easy warm down training session today. 

Oh, and Liverpool are in the CL semi's. Get in!

M0aikR.jpg

Mental considering his age and 3rd game in 6 days.

And loads on here said he couldn’t do 3 games in a week!

Also agree what others have said about the booing- I said it on the match thread, pathetic. Totally different circumstances to how he left compared to how sterling left us.

Made up for him, he really is a top pro

• Upvote 3

James Milner believes ending his international career with England early is a factor in him finally becoming a Champions League semi finalist at 32.

Milner has been outstanding for Liverpool in their run in Europe this season, but has said he won’t consider coming out of international retirement, having hung up his boots in 2016 with 61 caps.

Giving up the chance of going to the World Cup in Russia this summer won’t have been an easy decision for the 32-year-old, but Jurgen Klopp and his side have certainly reaped the benefits of Milner putting his feet up during international breaks.

The in-form midfielder played in his 40th game of the season on Tuesday night, as Liverpool defeated Premier League leaders Manchester City for the third time this season.

That victory set up a tie against Roma in the final four.

Milner feels that if he paces himself correctly, he could continue to feature at the highest level in England for several more years.

“The decision with England was a tough one but I think those weeks in the season where the manager looked after me and gave me time off did help,” said Milner.

“Fitness has always been a strength of mine. People seem to look at ages and think once you get over 30 you’re coming to the end.

“I’d like to think I’ve got a number of years left in me. I feel really good and that’s down to the great work the staff at the club do looking after us and the facilities we have.

“Eating the right things and doing the right things off the field are important.

“You see players like Ryan Giggs and Gareth Barry. If you look after yourself, you have a chance of playing a long time.”

James Milner believes ending his international career with England early is a factor in him finally becoming a Champions League semi finalist at 32.

Milner has been outstanding for Liverpool in their run in Europe this season, but has said he won’t consider coming out of international retirement, having hung up his boots in 2016 with 61 caps.

Giving up the chance of going to the World Cup in Russia this summer won’t have been an easy decision for the 32-year-old, but Jurgen Klopp and his side have certainly reaped the benefits of Milner putting his feet up during international breaks.

The in-form midfielder played in his 40th game of the season on Tuesday night, as Liverpool defeated Premier League leaders Manchester City for the third time this season.

That victory set up a tie against Roma in the final four.

Milner feels that if he paces himself correctly, he could continue to feature at the highest level in England for several more years.

“The decision with England was a tough one but I think those weeks in the season where the manager looked after me and gave me time off did help,” said Milner.

“Fitness has always been a strength of mine. People seem to look at ages and think once you get over 30 you’re coming to the end.

“I’d like to think I’ve got a number of years left in me. I feel really good and that’s down to the great work the staff at the club do looking after us and the facilities we have.

“Eating the right things and doing the right things off the field are important.

“You see players like Ryan Giggs and Gareth Barry. If you look after yourself, you have a chance of playing a long time.”

Stay away from your wife's sister and out of taxis, James.