You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ronaldo Vs Ronaldo

Lario

Symptomatic of the shitnesss of modern football that a man who has 1 league title in 6 seasons with the richest club in the world is heralded as one of the best ever. Most kids get their first exposure to footy through video games now, because of the expense of the sport. They naturally gravitate to whoever has the best 'stats'.

Couldn't agree more but i was told its total bollocks by somebody on here

The most selfish footballer i have ever seen in my life time still gets talked about as being one of the best. Fuck football. I need to find a forum to talk about myself more.

Symptomatic of the shitnesss of modern football that a man who has 1 league title in 6 seasons with the richest club in the world is heralded as one of the best ever. Most kids get their first exposure to footy through video games now, because of the expense of the sport. They naturally gravitate to whoever has the best 'stats'.

He's scored 225 goals in 200 league games, I don't think he's the reason they've only won one league title in that time.

• Upvote 1

He's scored 225 goals in 200 league games, I don't think he's the reason they've only won one league title in that time.

And 50+ of them will be penalties. Still a great record but De Stefano achieved a lot more in a Madrid shirt.

What summed him up was the CL final last season. Did fuck all in the game but scores a penalty at 3-1 when the game's dead and celebrates like it's the winning goal. Di Stefano, Puskas and Zidane were better Real Madrid players.

• Upvote 1

Teams win titles not an individual. Look at the way he treats his team mates, he is a petulant spoiled bratt and it does nothing for the team and everything for himself. 

I remember when Alonso hadn't got his first goal yet, Madrid were winning 5-1 at the time and got a penalty. Alonso wanted to take it and Ronaldo acted like a prick and refused to celebrate when Xabi scored.

He is a dick. Its good that his goal scoring record is proving that it wont guarantee league titles. Or we would be set for another 50 years of dickhead kids trying to be just like him. 

As good as Ronaldo is I don't think it's that outrageous a claim to suggest that Real Madrid, the biggest club on the planet, may well have won more over the six years had they not had to indulge the every whim of this giant quim. A great player, world class in fact. Which, considering there isn't even a shred of football genius in him, a wholly manufactured robot of a player, is incredibly impressive. But what if instead of having a guy strolling around the pitch crying about various things, insisting on taking every penalty (admittedly has a very good record), every free kick (scored one in about 70 attempts last season), and demanding the ball is passed to him to the point where it's evident that other players are making incorrect decisions to fulfil this wish, they'd just spent their enormous resources on building a phenomenal team?

Despite being an enormous club I think most managers treat the job a bit like they do at the nouveau riche clubs. Just do as your told from above, don't plan beyond the end of the week, and accept your enormous pay off when you're inevitably sacked for not winning the quadruple by March.

• Upvote 7

Imagine the scenes if Cronaldo had to endure the assaults Ronaldo suffered on a weekly basis playing in Serie A? The plastic on would not last five minutes before crying his eyes out all the way back to Porto.

He's very good, but he's the most indulged player in an indulgent league.

Imagine the scenes if Cronaldo had to endure the assaults Ronaldo suffered on a weekly basis playing in Serie A? The plastic on would not last five minutes before crying his eyes out all the way back to Porto.

He's very good, but he's the most indulged player in an indulgent league.

Sporting Lisbon.

And he still cried like a little bitch when Arbeloa nicked in front of him for his 3rd Madrid goal in 149 appearances against Almeria a while back. The cunt scores that in a fucking week and he still couldn't be happy for a teammate scoring a rare goal. In a team game, you've got to be better than that. 

• Upvote 1