You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I take it with a pinch of salt anyway when I've debated with certain posters before and have been proved right, I don't rub it in but will be next season when we are either doing well with BR or are at the start of another shitty rebuilding job.

What if BR starts the year, shits the bed and we can him in January to start another shitty rebuilding job?

What you do then?

What if BR starts the year, shits the bed and we can him in January to start another shitty rebuilding job?

What you do then?

Then I could accept it as he would have had a fair chance and opportunity to address things, I'm not behind Rodgers at all costs, if we don't get fourth next season he should go imo unless we miss out due to the top 4 going on amazing runs and have spent big.

I agree with those who talk about the spending but a good manager should be able to bridge the gap given 3-4 years, Rodgers was doing just that ahead of schedule until this poor season where there was a lot of mitigating factors.

Still do. Very good player, especially if we're trying to get back to that aggressive pressing we were doing last season.

Which is lucky. I'd hate to have to carry around the burden of being the only man ever to misjudge a transfer.

Your lonely days are over.

I strongly advocated signing Robbie Keane.

Then I could accept it as he would have had a fair chance and opportunity to address things, I'm not behind Rodgers at all costs, if we don't get fourth next season he should go imo unless we miss out due to the top 4 going on amazing runs and have spent big.

I agree with those who talk about the spending but a good manager should be able to bridge the gap given 3-4 years, Rodgers was doing just that ahead of schedule until this poor season where there was a lot of mitigating factors.

Mitigating factors my stones.

He takes 100% responsibility for playing players out of position, not using a DM until shit really hit the fan, throwing his keeper publicly under a bus (in fairness to mig he pulled through), playing with no strikers, playing with a striker but leaving him isolated, attributing blame to all and sundry when it was his fault, Real Madrid away, Basel away and Dejan fuckin Lovren.

Give up the spin JP. It's beyond a joke that this club has been allowed to sink with this spoofer at the helm. I wouldn't be allowed hop into the cockpit of a 747 and fly to Japan cos I'm not qualified to fly a plane. He should never have been allowed to be manager of LFC til he earned his stripes.

We really need to be patient with Markovic. Though if Rodgers stays i'd get rid as it's obvious BR made him the scapegoat for the TC and has no intention of giving him a real chance. That must have affected him too knowing the manager didn't really sign him.

We need a manger that can get inside his head and give him confidence.

I posted something on here about Markovic which makes me want to hide away forever.

SWIM may have likened him to a certain Uruguayan with the initials LS.

Did you say that he was fast? Because a lot of people said he was fast. And he really, really isn't.

I swear them youtube videos must have been sped up because he looked like greased lightning.

Or maybe Portuguese defenses are dead slow.

seriously-wtf-is-this-shit_583.jpg

After the prems poor performance in Europe I am expecting teams to spend big, if it goes back to the days where the top teams where only losing a couple of games a season and we missed out with a strong challenge and high points total with a strong showing in the cups I'd be ok with him staying but would probably prefer a change at that point.