You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I know that Higuain is a one in two striker but there's just something about him that means I can't shake the idea he'd not do the business over here.

I have huge reservations with signing multimillionaires and expecting them to give a fuck about applying themselves when they have a cast iron 5 year contract that isn't based on performance level.

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Last time I saw him play I think was the Inter game. He messed up loads of chances and was constantly offside due his lack of pace meaning he tries to cheat the flag. Obviously one game isn't the be-all and end-all on him but I'm just rarely impressed by him. If the stats say he needs few chances for a goal then fair enough. Also doesn't help that he's doing it in Italy at the moment. His stuff for Real makes you think that isn't an issue but playing in a league where 38 and 37 year olds are at the top of the scoring charts doesn't really say much for how sharp you might be moving into one of the quicker leagues.

Cavani gives me the same feeling too sometimes; in that he needs a lot of chances and misses big ones. 

Could well be wrong on both counts like, they could smash it over here, I doubt we'll find out.

• Upvote 2

You need to give JP his crack pipe back, Stu. I swear you've gone completely fucking batshit recently.

I could tell you that a mouldy turnip was from South America and you'd want to put it up front!

JPs crack pipe is far too powerful for me to be dabbling with.

• Upvote 1

Higuain was born in France.

You are right though, I do think that type of South American style forward is the way to go. So do Chelsea. And Man City. And Arsenal. And Barcelona. And Napoli...

Quick, hard working, intelligent, aggressive, technically proficient. Every single club on the planet should be searching for this type of forward, including our own.

• Upvote 1

Well you championed signing lallana so forgive me if I don't put much faith in your reservations

Still do. Very good player, especially if we're trying to get back to that aggressive pressing we were doing last season.

Which is lucky. I'd hate to have to carry around the burden of being the only man ever to misjudge a transfer.

• Upvote 3

I hardly ever drink and have never done crack, as for my football knowledge I was getting criticised last year for saying Mignolet needed to be replaced and that Lambert was a shit signing, look how those two things worked out.

I take it with a pinch of salt anyway when I've debated with certain posters before and have been proved right, I don't rub it in but will be next season when we are either doing well with BR or are at the start of another shitty rebuilding job.

Yes, but you'd be rubbing in how right you'd been even if we got beaten 1-6 at Stoke again, wouldn't you?

Said result would show something positive that is only discernible to people in the middle of the rainforest who have been ingesting Ayahuasca for days.

I don't judge things on one or two games, if I did games like the batterings of Arsenal, Spurs and Manu would cover the worst results during Rodgers time here.

That is the most embarrassing thing I've read for a while you sound like little kid arguing in the playground.

• Upvote 1

I hardly ever drink and have never done crack, as for my football knowledge I was getting criticised last year for saying Mignolet needed to be replaced and that Lambert was a shit signing, look how those two things worked out.

I take it with a pinch of salt anyway when I've debated with certain posters before and have been proved right, I don't rub it in but will be next season when we are either doing well with BR or are at the start of another shitty rebuilding job.

Nostradamus there with his really leftfield predictions.

In talks with that ginger Just William looking scruff, Championship second choice keeper ,(played one game this season, yeah, that one) Adam Bognor Regis.

kill_myself_nph.gif

If we keep signing players who only ever play well against Liverpool then we'll win the league via process of elimination. That's how you committee yourself some trophies moneyballz style.

The answer to our transfer problems are simple, get Daniel Levy in to do negotiations but don't allow him a say on the managers future and get Harry Redknapp on the committe to judge signings, whatever anyone wants to say about him he can spot a player and was bringing top ones to spurs.

We'd buy Defoe, Crouch, Kaboul, Kranjcar, Samba and Chimbonda, Triffic lads.