You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

I actually agree with the club on this one, just give him a month or two of full training before even considering him for games. He needs to rehab properly. Even if we rule him out for the rest of the season so he can come back strong next year. 

No use taking an injured player, throwing him into first team games and him getting injured again...rinse and repeat. He needs to build some resilience. His body is fucked and he's obviously got something wrong with him physically that they can't find out the cause of. I don't think it is mental with him. I think he knows his own body better than anyone, but they are unable to find the root cause of his injury problems.

• Upvote 2

Hire a "faith healer" from one of them there nutjob religions in the states and pay 'em (conditional on results) to "cure" him, sounds like he's sufficiently into the evangelical religious shit.

I understand the frustration with Sturridge. I hope we sell him, even at the outside risk we will regret it, as Klopp needs a striker he can rely on.

I even understand people having a little pop at his religious beliefs, as we're all so frustrated.

Let the record show we have willingly paid numerous medical professionals to cure him, and he's still broken. I don't know why we would withhold payment from a so called faith healer for similar non-performance!

If he can't do the training then arguably he could be retained as a sort of luxury player to coax through games and parts of games here and there, as whenever we can get him on the pitch he is such a goal threat. But I suppose without the fitness he can't do the other things Klopp demands, so on second thoughts, nah!

Something has to give. If it is a mental problem I understand the need for privacy but It's doing him no favours. So if he is a Honeynut Loop let us know and we'll cut him some slack.

I can give him advice if necessary and I'm willing to share my prescription as I have a yearly prescription card and also I buy Rescue 3 for 2 at Holland and Barrett. He's welcome to one.

However if he is just a malingering Hector he can fuck off.

I disagree that privacy isn't helping him and think staying quiet about what's going on is the best thing to do.Hes either fit and we don't want to put pressure on him to start or he has issues and he doesn't need fans getting on his back anymore.

It would help if journos who have no clue about what's going on stopped coming up with their conspiracy theories.

If he has genuine issues then 80% of the fans would have sympathy as everyone has somebody in there life that has some sort of mental problem, the problem is nobody knows what's going on so pisses people off. He's better off coming out and suffer the slight ridicule hell receive from opposing fans and tell the truth either way, he'd probably have more of a bond with us because our fans are the best in the world at sticking up for there own when everyone else slags them off.

At the moment everyone is getting so fucked off with his apparent shirking off that it's causing unnecessary friction

Tomorrows papers say he wants to leave as he's sick of criticism from Klopp and ex players. He wants to play against Sunderland but we won't. Arsenal favourites.

Cheeky fucking twat, he's been stealing a living for a long time. He would be best shutting his mouth and doing his talking on the pitch. He seems to conveniently forget that he's been on full pay while 'injured' and that his absence has been killing us as a team. 

I hope to see him back on the pitch as soon as he is fit enough and banging in the goals, if he wants to go then good fucking luck finding some soft arses like us to take you on. 

• Upvote 2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3432528/Daniel-Sturridge-set-quit-Liverpool-striker-fumes-injury-criticism-putting-Arsenal-Manchester-United-alert.html

Daniel Sturridge is ready to quit Liverpool this summer over his fury at criticism questioning his desire to play for the club.

Manager Jurgen Klopp has spoken publicly of his frustrations over Sturridge’s fitness and several former Anfield stars have intimated it is time for the club to sign a replacement.

Sturridge is fed up at a growing perception that he lacks the hunger to fulfil his potential and believes a clean break is required this summer. 

The Mail, and its cunt 'journalists', have been creating stories like this for fucking years, so it baffles me why anyone would give these reports any credence. No quotes so fuck it off.

Sami Mokbel is rumoured to have caught AIDS from Neil Ashton and he is thought to want to return to his former lover, Martin Samuels, because he likes sweatier, flabbier transvestites. Martin Samuels who, a source told me, already has AIDS, is to have breast enhancement surgery whilst holidaying in Thailand. You can believe this as it is every bit as true and fabricated as the shite about Sturridge.

• Upvote 1

Don't think its a stretch to imagine he's pissed off. But it's his own fault. Or at least his PR people.

We as fans by enlarge have been frothing at the mouth about this obviously mainly via Social Media and as we all know Daniel's not shy about sticking up every new picture of himself in whatever hipster getup hes in. 

And there's definitely been enough comments from ex-players that won't have gone unnoticed.

But the thing is theres been no clarity on any of this really. So nobody really know exactly whats going on. It just seems like every few months theres a new breakdown and hes back on the treatment table. 

Theres no exact reason thats every been given beyond hes just injured which of course leads to the speculation that something else is up. As you would assume if it was something identifiable it would have been cleared up by now.