You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

Mascherano and Alonso were two of the best midfielders in the World when we sold them, Suso was a tidy little player who couldn't hold down a place in our team in years of trying.

I'm with Johnny on this one.

Had a dozen games as an 18 year old, loaned out to Almeria where he was excellent, attracted the interest of Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, and AC Milan, brought back to us, frozen out, understandably told us where to stick our contract, and then left on a free. 

The "years of trying" narrative simply has no basis in reality. He wasn't given a chance to show whether he was good or enough or not.

For whatever reason, we've let a really good young player leave on a free. We fucked up. It wasn't the first time, and won't be the last. Nevermind.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Suso and Sterling were the two best prospects the academy has produced in years. We could of saved £25 million and just played Suso instead of buying Lallana. This will almost certainly come back to bite us on the arse later on down the line. 

• Upvote 5

Had a dozen games as an 18 year old, loaned out to Almeria where he was excellent, attracted the interest of Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, and AC Milan, brought back to us, frozen out, understandably told us where to stick our contract, and then left on a free.

The "years of trying" narrative simply has no basis in reality. He wasn't given a chance to show whether he was good or enough or not.

For whatever reason, we've let a really good young player leave on a free. We fucked up. It wasn't the first time, and won't be the last. Nevermind.

I liked him too and I'm surprised Rodgers didn't give him more of a go but I'm not going to lose any sleep over him leaving. I don't think he'll be pulling up any trees at Milan either although I could be totally wrong...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We fucked up. It wasn't the first time, and won't be the last. Nevermind.

I think we'll need to see how he does in the long term before judging the decision to let him go. 

Bullshit.

You have no arguments to dispute what I have said about FSG's transfer policy. Numerous times I have challenged people to request information from Admins/Mods who can very easily confirm that I am not Code and I am not Norwegian. I am not Code and I have never been to Norway. Plus as far as I remember Code didn't like Rafa, while I love Rafa.

I've no idea what you wrote about FSGs transfer policy. I'm an adult Code, and like most adults on here when we see your silly, all to regular comments like the one earlier of "you've got a mini statue of Ian Ayre on your desk" we just switch off and go and converse with someone capable of an adult conversation.

You just can't accept that everything's not black and white. That it's possible for people to think that someone can do some things well and some things poorly. In this case I'm just not arsed that we've lost Suso. I don't think it'd a big deal. It doesn't feature in my overall view of FSG either negatively or positively. Balotellis signature does feature in that. Suso's doesn't.

And if by some miracle you're not Code, then I've got some really bad news for you. People think you are, and that's even worse for you...

How can you declare him to have never been given a chance, but then confidently state that we've let a really good young player go? He didn't pull up any trees at Almeria so I've no dea how you can say he was excellent. So what are you basing this on?

How can you declare him to have never been given a chance, but then confidently state that we've let a really good young player go? He didn't pull up any trees at Almeria so I've no dea how you can say he was excellent. So what are you basing this on?

Watching lots of Almeria's games last season. Which you clearly didn't.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd agree with you if we sold him for £15m. As we let him leave on a free I'm happy to conclude now that we fucked up.

For me, if he carries on his career as it has been so far, I'm not particularly arsed. Obviously, if he goes on and becomes the next David Silva, we'll look like mugs. But it'll take him being better than Coutinho and Sterling for me to be too concerned.

Single most important quality, however intangible. The mancs won all those titles because they had a manager who had it and who could see it in players and, most importantly, get it out of them. Simeone has it, too.

We used to have it but the PL killed us. 

Exactly. That's where Suarez should have been our Cantona, bringing a hunger and winning mentality through the whole club. 

Instead we sign shithouses like Downing and showponies like Balotelli.

Watching lots of Almeria's games last season. Which you clearly didn't.

Nope. Just going on reports and that they didn't want to buy him. Apparently there was an attitude issue too.

As I say, in the fullness of time we could be proved wrong. But I just don't see the concern now. He hasn't done anything for me to be that concerned, and it's not like youth hasn't been getting a chance here either.

• Upvote 2

For me, if he carries on his career as it has been so far, I'm not particularly arsed. Obviously, if he goes on and becomes the next David Silva, we'll look like mugs. But it'll take him being better than Coutinho and Sterling for me to be too concerned.

I'm not really sure how you (anyone) would analyse his career so far, considering his age, how we've messed him about etc. 

For me, he won't need to be better than Coutinho and Sterling to make this a mistake, because we'll sign another attacking midfielder next season for £10m-£15m that isn't as good as either of them as well.

We signed a 16 year old from Spain for fuck all, developed him into a good player, and then let him go a on a free. He doesn't need to be the next David Silva, he could have just become a decent squad player for a few years.

It's not the end of the world, it's just annoying. As is reading the "Oh he was shit anyway" type posts (I'm not suggesting you've done this). Because they're not born out of any great insight into the player, but a want to defend every single decision the club makes. Clubs make shit decisions, and this is one of them.

• Upvote 2

I'm not really sure how you (anyone) would analyse his career so far, considering his age, how we've messed him about etc.

For me, he won't need to be better than Coutinho and Sterling to make this a mistake, because we'll sign another attacking midfielder next season for £10m-£15m that isn't as good as either of them as well.

We signed a 16 year old from Spain for fuck all, developed him into a good player, and then let him go a on a free. He doesn't need to be the next David Silva, he could have just become a decent squad player for a few years.

It's not the end of the world, it's just annoying. As is reading the "Oh he was shit anyway" type posts (I'm not suggesting you've done this). Because they're not born out of any great insight into the player, but a want to defend every single decision the club makes. Clubs make shit decisions, and this is one of them.

A man a grown man in his spare time bending over backwards to justify the wrongful decisions made by people in the club.

Our crack transfer committee must be infiltrated by micheal myers thinking their real clever asking for 1 million dollars.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think you can analyse his career, I just don't think you can derive much from it. He could be good, could not quite have what it takes. I think he looked decent, but if he can't get into the side at the moment over the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic, and Lallana of course, then not letting him go would have meant him just vanishing up his own Michael Johnson. I guess I'm just not all that bothered by Suso really. I think it's an off chance that we'll look completely stupid over it. We look plenty stupid over other things anyway.

I think you can analyse his career, I just don't think you can derive much from it. He could be good, could not quite have what it takes. I think he looked decent, but if he can't get into the side at the moment over the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Markovic, and Lallana of course, then not letting him go would have meant him just vanishing up his own Michael Johnson. I guess I'm just not all that bothered by Suso really. I think it's an off chance that we'll look completely stupid over it. We look plenty stupid over other things anyway.

Depends how you define "he can't get into the side".

Sakho-in my opinion- a world class defender and by far our best Center Back, has been Rodgers' fourth/fifth choice. 

Overall, regardless what of what online professional/amateur appreciators say, FSG's recruitment policy is absolutely SHITE. 

Depends how you define "he can't get into the side".

Sakho-in my opinion- a world class defender and by far our best Center Back, has been Rodgers' fourth/fifth choice. 

Overall, regardless what of what online professional/amateur appreciators say, FSG's recruitment policy is absolutely SHITE. 

Eh ?

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting the Suso love in.

He was quite decent player, but people are going on like we've sold the next Messi to United for £100k.

He's hardly set the world alight in the games he did play. Plus, 4 managers in.his time at Anfield haven't fancied him enough to pick him, regularly, for first team duties.

That's telling, for me.