You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

I'm not really sure how you (anyone) would analyse his career so far, considering his age, how we've messed him about etc. 

For me, he won't need to be better than Coutinho and Sterling to make this a mistake, because we'll sign another attacking midfielder next season for £10m-£15m that isn't as good as either of them as well.

We signed a 16 year old from Spain for fuck all, developed him into a good player, and then let him go a on a free. He doesn't need to be the next David Silva, he could have just become a decent squad player for a few years.

It's not the end of the world, it's just annoying. As is reading the "Oh he was shit anyway" type posts (I'm not suggesting you've done this). Because they're not born out of any great insight into the player, but a want to defend every single decision the club makes. Clubs make shit decisions, and this is one of them.

I dont know what your talking about saying the club messed him around and dont know why the club would be criticised for him going.

Hes not been good enough to play for the first team at any stage hes been here, he was loaned out and wasnt that impressive while showing attitude problems there and he agreed to join milan last summer before he had the chance to moan about lack of game time of anything.

He showed a lack of respect to lfc going for a medical without permission aswell and fair play to the club for getting a fee for him now (1m according to reports), I expect to see him loaned out by milan in the summer and dont see him leaving as a loss to the club.

I'm not getting the Suso love in.

He was quite decent player, but people are going on like we've sold the next Messi to United for £100k.

He's hardly set the world alight in the games he did play. Plus, 4 managers in.his time at Anfield haven't fancied him enough to pick him, regularly, for first team duties.

That's telling, for me.

Which four managers are you talking about?

Which four managers are you talking about?

Benitez - Signed him. Remarkably didn't start him in every game as a 16 year old.

Hodgson - Signed Konchesky.

Dalglish - Had host of experienced players in his position - Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy, etc.

and Rodgers.

Houllier didn't rate Rossiter either.

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting the Suso love in.

He was quite decent player, but people are going on like we've sold the next Messi to United for £100k.

He's hardly set the world alight in the games he did play. Plus, 4 managers in.his time at Anfield haven't fancied him enough to pick him, regularly, for first team duties.

That's telling, for me.

Its not a love in.

Not a fuck up but we could easily do the following: give him a few games (last season) this season (wouldn't change a thing), so hi signs a new contract and could sell him for a 4,5M. That's what our competition would do and we could add that to our potential targets and buy a player of pay Gerrards salary for a season, etc.

20 million on markovic instead of giving Suso , a player who was every bit as talented ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suso, 21, played about 30 first team games, spent time on the bench for a shit side in Spain due to alleged attitude problems, doesn't have the pace or trickery to play out on the wing in the PL, so would only really get a look in as an attacking/creative midfielder 

vs

Markovic, 20, played over 100 first team games, scored over 20 goals, capped for his country, can play in multiple positions, won plenty of league titles and cups, fast, direct and full of skill

Suso is a talented player but Markovic, Sterling and Coutinho all have much higher potential. I don't see him going onto be this top player some people believe. If he was that highly rated a good side in Spain would have signed him and loaned him out. As it stands he's gone to a midtable side in a league on its deathbed and he might not even be a starter there either. 

• Upvote 5

The fact that he's gone to AC Milan might serve as some sort of clue as to his quality.

Not like he's been released to Crewe is it?

Hes a player that cost us nowt who could have been a good asset to the club, but we will really never know now.

But it would have cost us fuck all to find out with the Europa cup probably being an ideal platform for him.

I think that is the thrust of my beef here.

Suso, 21, played about 30 first team games, spent time on the bench for a shit side in Spain due to alleged attitude problems, doesn't have the pace or trickery to play out on the wing in the PL, so would only really get a look in as an attacking/creative midfielder 

vs

Markovic, 20, played over 100 first team games, scored over 20 goals, capped for his country, can play in multiple positions, won plenty of league titles and cups, fast, direct and full of skill

Suso is a talented player but Markovic, Sterling and Coutinho all have much higher potential. I don't see him going onto be this top player some people believe. If he was that highly rated a good side in Spain would have signed him and loaned him out. As it stands he's gone to a midtable side in a league on its deathbed and he might not even be a starter there either. 

I wonder if Suso would get a game at Partizan or score in the Serbian league.

I wonder if Suso would get a game at Partizan or score in the Serbian league.

He probably would yes, doesn't change the fact Markovic was playing for the first team of a side in the CL/Europa league while Suso was playing for our reserves. Or the fact when Suso was playing for some Spanish spuds, Markovic was playing and winning stuff with Benfica. He's been playing first team football since he was 16/17. Where as it's still unclear if Suso will even start for Milan.

Is there a reason we didn't loan Suso out in the summer or did he want to stay and fight for his place?

He could turn out to be a great player but him joining AC Milan is hardly an indication of his level of quality. They've signed even more gash than us over the last few years like Taarabt, albeit on loan.

Theres along list of LFC rejects that have spun down through our league football. Forest Brigjton.. blah blah.... Hes gone to a club that have won Big Ears 7 times.

He probably would yes, doesn't change the fact Markovic was playing for the first team of a side in the CL/Europa league while Suso was playing for our reserves. Or the fact when Suso was playing for some Spanish spuds, Markovic was playing and winning stuff with Benfica. He's been playing first team football since he was 16/17. Where as it's still unclear if Suso will even start for Milan.

Is there a reason we didn't loan Suso out in the summer or did he want to stay and fight for his place?

He must be a right tricky s.o.b.

The fact that he's gone to AC Milan might serve as some sort of clue as to his quality

If you read Gallianis comments on suso he talks about watching suso from his teens and it sounds like he is basing a lot of his opinion about suso on that, it seems like they are using our very own moneyball strategy here and as Ive already said I expect to see him loaned out by them in the summer.