You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Sakho is as good as the rest of our CB's, unfortunately they are all shiite as well. 

Shite's probably a bit harsh, but none of the three are fit to lace the plain, black boots of Hyppia or Carragher. For my money, Skrtel's the most reliable of the trio by a distance. 

Hopefully they'll improve and other platitudes, but we seem even weaker in defence this season.

Shite's probably a bit harsh, but none of the three are fit to lace the plain, black boots of Hyppia or Carragher. For my money, Skrtel's the most reliable of the trio by a distance.

I loved Sami, but how well do you think he'd be doing right now behind our current midfield and in front of Mingolet?

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Jairzinho, on 18 Sept 2014 - 01:28 AM, said:snapback.png

Imagine how apoplectic NV is going to be waiting the likely two years for a reply.

I pitch up this morning, coffee in hand, and I can smell this funny smell. I open the draw and it's there, a massive Sakho shaped turd in the draw. When he comes back in 2017, I'm going to rub his fucking nose in it. 

I could nt wait 2017 we are the proud owners of the worst premiership player, to be fair this evening there are three nominations for the Uzi but Sakho well Sakho is special, think I would enjoy hitting him with it instead.

• rep_up.png
  •  

Guest Pistonbroke

Hopefully they'll improve and other platitudes, but we seem even weaker in defence this season.

I agree mate, but Skrtel is similar to Sakho too, steady enough but always a mistake in him. None of cb's have pace, none of them fill me with confidence. They are just too alike, we need a pacey CB to play alongside them and maybe one of them would compliment that. Our midfield and keeper also need to take some of the blame as they make life a lot harder for our defenders. 

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Jairzinho, on 18 Sept 2014 - 01:28 AM, said:snapback.png

I pitch up this morning, coffee in hand, and I can smell this funny smell. I open the draw and it's there, a massive Sakho shaped turd in the draw. When he comes back in 2017, I'm going to rub his fucking nose in it. 

I could nt wait 2017 we are the proud owners of the worst premiership player, to be fair this evening there are three nominations for the Uzi but Sakho well Sakho is special, think I would enjoy hitting him with it instead.

• rep_up.png
  •  

Yeah, alright mate, no need to spam the fucking forum.

Not sure Aldo, but I do know that we woudn't be as abject as we are at defending set-plays if he was around. Same with a peak-era Carragher.

I think you could have Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrenson back there and we'd still look shaky. I think it's as much to do with the protection (or lack of) from the midfield and keeper.

I watched the game against Spain, again struggling to see the hype. He made a mistake lunging for the ball which let a Spain player through, and in a continually worrying habit of his, played a few risky passes back into the middle when he was out on the flank . Pretty similar to what I saw in the World Cup. Still think we would have won the league if Agger had played instead of Sakho against Chelsea and Crystal Palace. Not saying he doesn't have the potential to improve, but he hasn't shown it yet.

Annoying that Brendan hasn't cut this shit out. Cost us against West Ham, no tactical awareness whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

I thnk our midfield makes life very difficult for our centrebacks alongside Rodgers having fullbacks that bomb forward and no decent defensive midfielder with enough pace or intelligence to fill the gaps. I'm not even sure Rodgers wants that anyway it's like he wants the centre backs to play both centre back and fullback roles and everybody else is an attacking midfielder until

The opposition get the ball and then it's an all out race to our box. I feel a bit sorry for our centrebacks.

Rodgers has a lot of work to do and for Jesus fucks sake learn this one lesson which every person on the planet recognised long long ago, a midfield of Lucas and gerrard doesn't work, it not only doesn't work it claims benefits illegally and sells crack to vulnerable kids. Pack it in.

• Upvote 4

I don't think it is fair to blame any of our central defenders. It is like playing in a pub team where everyone just bomb forward and leaving the 2 dudes at the half way line, with a break at any moment resulting in a 1v1 situation. Pants shitting moment for anyone.