You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres: LFC fans have loving words for me

tlw content

Is he still loved by the Atletico fans? You could argue, their current success is in no small part helped by the windfall from his sale to us.

Regardless, a World Cup medal, Euro, CL, PL, FA.. Not many (if any) of our current and past players could top that.

just to be petty, he hasn't won the Premier league, I also don't think all those trophies really count for anything, apart from the Euros he has contributed fuck all in his teams successes, just an exotic David May

just to be petty, he hasn't won the Premier league, I also don't think all those trophies really count for anything, apart from the Euros he has contributed fuck all in his teams successes, just an exotic David May

You're right he hasn't. He won The Europa with Chelsea instead, not as good, but not too bad.

He made a significant contribution by way of his goals deciding matches in Europe on a few occasions, so fair enough for those, his CL winner's medal is the only one among what he won at Chelsea that counts for anything. That said, it's the any club would expect from a player that cost £50M.

His league medal which he qualifies offically after making  the mandatory 10 appearances in a title winning side is as deserved/worthless as Owen's was for Utd. We've all eaten chocolate easter eggs which were less hollow than those.

Call me fucked up but I actually wish him well now he's away from that footballing black hole. He's a cunt for what he did but he's paid his penance, he's effectively wasted his career and will be regarded as a less arsed version of Michael Owen, a man without a country no longer loved by anyone but his mum.

• Upvote 2

Haha, the same day as Mourinho's, "as far as I know he's staying, we need him, the squad is closed" speech.

Twat.

Wonder will the media make as big a deal out of that as they've done when Rodgers said Balotelli wouldn't be signing and then did? Will they fuck. It'll probably be "Oh Jose, the little scamp.Pulling the wool over our eyes again!".

Cunts! The press and Chelsea both.

Enigma to me Torres.

Arguably the best striker in the world for a couple of seasons  after he joined us . Unplayable at times and deadly when he squared up a defender on the edge of the box.. Never seen a player go from that to a shuffling non-entity of a striker, incapable of converting the simplest chances so quickly, Had to be all in his head , The responsibility probably got him then he couldn't handle the weight of expectation so he would start to hide and lose interest.. Lucky the Chavs didn't spot it before they piled in for him because he definitely has the issues before he left, 

• 2 months later...