You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres: LFC fans have loving words for me

tlw content

He's right on one thing though, I have fucking loved watching him flop for them. 

At first the split was even further toward enjoyment at his misfortune than Chelsea's, it fairly quickly levelled out before going the other way and now it's mostly at Chelsea's, but I'll never stop loving how that particular deal turned to shit for everyone involved bar us, that's for sure.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The minute Torres joined Chelsea he didn't just take away the player, he took away all the good things he did. His great goals, all gone. Can't watch them, can't look at the cunt in a red shirt. I fucking hate the cunt.

• Upvote 3

He's turned into a sulky, whiny cunt now, whinging at everyone and everything when things aren't going his way (ie, all the time).

But he deffo wasn't always like that. I remember that hat-trick he scored in the Carling Cup at the start of his career, Reading away I think it was. He got absolutely battered in that game, kicked every time he got the ball by donkey defenders obviously under instuction to see if the 'foreign fancy Dan' could hack it. Remember wincing throughout and thinking, 'he's gonna come off'. But he got on with it, and taught them a lesson. I think we all thought then 'he's the real deal'. It seemed he never looked back from that.

Even watching highlights from later on in his career with us, it just looks like a completely different player, it's surreal.

• Upvote 2

I don't hate him at all. He's not just a different player for Chelsea, he's a different man. You can practically see the pain etched in his face when he steps onto the field in royal blue. Torres the Red seemed like a much happier fellow. He talks about us all the time. I don't think a day goes by that he doesn't regret leaving. I'm not sorry for him, but it's extremely sad. Torres is sad.

• Upvote 2

don't really care about him now, I watched some of Chelsea's game the other night and he came on as a sub and I'd forgot he even played for them, I really despised him in that first half season, I thought his performances had been a disgrace and left us in the shit because believe it or not I wasn't really that bothered about Suarez coming in, I'd only really seen him at the World Cup the previous summer and He was alright but Forlan looked the better player, he scored loads of goals in Holland but that isn't always a good reference,

I think because it's been a awful signing for them, plus we got Suarez in you let it go over time

Yep, West Ham coughing up the money for Carroll combined with Sturridge's consistent aceness since being at Anfield has titled the scales of that overall deal well in Liverpool's favour.

Two master strokes by Rodgers right there. Thanks BR

I loved him when he was here, and ive no doubt there were promises made that were not kept, maybe that had something to do with the ownership at the time though.

Now i dont feel anything at all regarding him, i dont feel bad for him or hate him neither do i miss him.

I was far more pissed off that we were that shit that we lost Mascherano.

Like others have said at least he didnt join the Mancs like that arse Owen.

When Torres was at his best he was as good as anyone, ever. Unplayable, lightning quick and deadly. He has not even shown a flicker of that since. I think the injuries had taken the 10% off him.

I wonder why Rafa has not gone in for him since. Bargain to be had if he could get it back. He can't and Rafa knows it. Torres was finished 2 seasons ago.

I dont think he recovered properly from that knee injury he had when he was here. He got rushed back and never seemed the same player. He seemed to struggle to realise his body couldnt do what it once could

He was undoubtedly top class for us, but it's quite satisfying that we got the best of him and sold Chelsea the sulking, slow, lackadaisical Torres that we saw in the last months of his career, rather than the Torres who glided across the turf, ghosting past world class defenders, making them look average.

£50m too! Bonus.

Quality on his day. But in terms of ability and attitude, he's nowhere near Suarez.

He was practicing to be blue Torres for the last while he was with us, so we didn't lose that much really.

Just pissed me off that he turned into such a cunt with his comments trying to get the plastic fans to love him. You can't find love in plastic, just ask any woman about her vibrator. Gets them off once in a while then back in the drawer. No love there.

Also, the only jersey I ever had (pressie from the Mrs) with name and number on the back. Can't wear the fucker now, unless I'm working round the house or something. Cunt.

• Upvote 2