You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres: LFC fans have loving words for me

tlw content

That was heavily reported at the time also. I remember the day after he signed a few people here saying the club had fully expected him to sent starght back up to Liverpool once the medical was started.

He's been awful every single time since he eft us.  Even in Italy; a league I'd fancy us to be top half in; he looks awful.  If he was with us now we'd be even worse, if that's possible.

The context being we didn't want to sell him at the end of the window and Abramovic thought we were bullshiting . No one emerged with any credit.

Abramovic fucked himself and  bought a fake , we spunked the money on a complete spacker and Torres who had shat on Liverpool had plenty of time warming a bench at the Bridge to contemplate his cuntishness  

His best years with us coincided with him playing with an obviously younger Gerrard and I think more importantly Alonso. After we sold Alonso, Stevie was half the player and Torres started to go to shit. The 09/10 season showed just how important Xabi was to our attacking play after he'd gone and it's looking that way with us this season after selling Suarez.

Depressing times...

Torres wasn't shit for the 2009-2010, his goals to games ratio was superb.

Something definitely happened to him in 2010 that has turned him into a shell of a footballer, and I don't think it was the injury.

It was the start of his sulk period.  He stopped trying for the manager and the team, basically.  Then when he got his move, and he started trying again, he found he'd forgotten what made him such an exciting instinctive goalscorer.  That's what I meant above when I described what happens when the wind changes.