You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

White House Farm .

The 1986 multiple murders by Jeremy Bamber of members of his family in which he tried to blame his schizophrenic sister Sheila Caffell

Dragged out over 6 episodes when probably three or four would have done the job.

Have to say I do vaguely remember this but I always believed he was such an arrogant bastard (who tried to sell topless photos of his sister to The S*n surprise surprise) that it was a cut and dried conviction after the police had finally got their act together .

But when you actually look deeper he probably did do it but he was basically convicted as there was no forensic evidence a month after the murders by his jilted girlfriend Julie Mugford's testimony . and on a majority decision .

It just seems strange that they've never allowed him an appeal on what was basically his word against hers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

White House Farm .

The 1986 multiple murders by Jeremy Bamber of members of his family in which he tried to blame his schizophrenic sister Sheila Caffell

Dragged out over 6 episodes when probably three or four would have done the job.

Have to say I do vaguely remember this but I always believed he was such an arrogant bastard (who tried to sell topless photos of his sister to The S*n surprise surprise) that it was a cut and dried conviction after the police had finally got their act together .

But when you actually look deeper he probably did do it but he was basically convicted as there was no forensic evidence a month after the murders by his jilted girlfriend Julie Mugford's testimony . and on a majority decision .

It just seems strange that they've never allowed him an appeal on what was basically his word against hers

I think it was also the illogicality of the other option with the sister killing her own kids , beating the dad up when she was very frail, reloading the rifle twice in amongst the mayhem  & also the jiggery-pokery with the silencer. I do agree that the police were shocking in immediately accepting the above and destroying evidence straight away. 

On a side note and not mentioned in the programme , the welsh copper actually died before the case came to court according to wiki although it doesn't go into any details.

12 hours ago, SasaS said:

So, what, Yellowstone's not that bad after all? Been pussyfooting around it, I want it, but reviews  kept saying it was shit. Was it the Costner effect, that made them hate it?

Its not bad at all. Reviewers are as biased as anybody else so its always worth making your own mind up. This thread is as good,or better,than any reviewer.

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think it was also the illogicality of the other option with the sister killing her own kids , beating the dad up when she was very frail, reloading the rifle twice in amongst the mayhem  & also the jiggery-pokery with the silencer. I do agree that the police were shocking in immediately accepting the above and destroying evidence straight away. 

On a side note and not mentioned in the programme , the welsh copper actually died before the case came to court according to wiki although it doesn't go into any details.

Yeah I read about that too apparently he fell off a ladder....I've also read a lot of blokes who worked with him aren't happy with the way he was portrayed which you can kind of understand as they made him out to be a bit of a prick which makes you wonder how he got so high ranking in the first place...

I do agree Bamber did it, but surprised they never gave him a retrial as it was a case that was kind of also judged in the court of public opinion at that time.

The thing is if he had taken the silencer with him and not made the phone call he would have gotten away with five murders due to police ineptitude

• Upvote 1

On 12/02/2020 at 22:55, Elite said:

Is Hap and Leonard worth watching?

I like Deep South/Cowboy stuff like Yellowstone, Justified etc.

I really enjoyed it. Well acted, but could be a little slow paced at times, but it worked well. It's a while since I finished it, but I'd have probably given it about 7.5/10. 

I've also just finished Mythic Quest. Sugar Apes description was spot on. It's an enjoyable watch. 8/10. 

On 13/02/2020 at 07:29, Stickman said:

White House Farm .

The phone call he made to the local police station at the very outset instead of dialing 999 had the alarm bells ringing for me. 

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've bought the white house farm book. The evidence in the programme just didn't seem enough to me. Jeremy was painted in a very bad way so throughout I just assumed he was an arsehole and did it.

Currently 99p on kindle. I know nothing of this story at all but it's 99p.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Murders-White-House-Farm-shocking-ebook/dp/B00UXKJ0SA/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1581896421&sr=8-1

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not watched the show yet but that seems like a bargain, so I'll get it. Thanks.

On 13/02/2020 at 07:29, Stickman said:

There has to be a point of appeal, such as an error in the judge’s summing up, new evidence, or a point of law, for example. The fact a jury accepted one witness testimony over another isn’t enough.

Finished The Good Place, all in one go. Must say I preferred the early episodes, S1 was clever and innovative but it gets progressively more mushy and sentimental as it nears the end. So, for me S1 would be 8/10 and each subsequent season is a little bit worse. Last one was a bit shirt.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Finished The Good Place, all in one go. Must say I preferred the early episodes, S1 was clever and innovative but it gets progressively more mushy and sentimental as it nears the end. So, for me S1 would be 8/10 and each subsequent season is a little bit worse. Last one was a bit shirt.

A vest?