You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kolo Toure.

Killjoy

Course he's worth keeping for another season, for reasons already stated.

If he wasn't here this year someone like Martin Kelly would have been playing centre-back, which given he appears to be semi-lame - and in the absence of Agger being rebuilt like Robocop - probably wouldn't be doing us many favours.

• Upvote 1

I think Wisdom should be one of the four options next season.

Sakho clear choice.  Happy for Skrtel to stay.

Wouldn't be disappointed if both Agger and Toure left and we got a boss partner for Sakho with Skrtel and Wisdom two other capable options.  Would still loan out Ilori, he's very raw.

• Upvote 1

Course he's worth keeping for another season, for reasons already stated.

If he wasn't here this year someone like Martin Kelly would have been playing centre-back, which given he appears to be semi-lame - and in the absence of Agger being rebuilt like Robocop - probably wouldn't be doing us many favours.

Next season we will hopefully have Wisdom and Ilori back again and Coates as well, how many CB's do we need?

Next season we will hopefully have Wisdom and Ilori back again and Coates as well, how many CB's do we need?

Where is Coates this season, he isn't on loan is he?

I have never seen Ilori play, i know nothing about him other than he is quick, has anyone every seen him play?

The point of me, to keep food on the table for my family some might suggest, I hope I can offer more than that though.

What is the point of you?

Look, you come on here, call everyone a racist and then start a thread calling Kolo Toure fat and shite.  So, who pissed you off before and where is all of this heading?

Look, you come on here, call everyone a racist and then start a thread calling Kolo Toure fat and shite.  So, who pissed you off before and where is all of this heading?

I did not call everyone racists.

I said I found the jokes racist since they were based on black african players looks and nothing more.

Toure is old and he has gained weight since he was in his prime at Arsenal, he has even been suspended because he was using his wife's diet pills a few years ago so it seems he is aware of this problem himself.

I read somewhere he was on a 1 year contract and wanted to check if someone knew as I dont think we should renew it if thats the case.

Sorry if it ruined your day.

Lets say he is on £50k, do you think he is worth keeping for another season.

I read somewhere it would be just this one year, thats why I asked the original question.

He has been poor recently but made a good start to the season.

As everybody else has already said, he is a good fourth choice centreback. 

I think transfer wise Rodgers has bigger fish to fry than who his 4th choice centre back next season will be.  Kolo is definitely worth keeping, but he's only had the bulk of the playing time due to injuries. 

And he fucking steamrollered a referee.  That alone should be worth another season.