You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

What makes you think Remy would have chosen at bit part role here over playing week in week out for Newcastle? The lad is 27 and will be wanting to play regularly.

Because we're Liverpool and they're a steaming pile of a club?

There's countless examples throughout football of players going to better clubs and having to fight for their place when they could have been first choice elsewhere.  Who knows who someone would pick, but there's no indication that we ever tried to get what's been a good value deal for Newcastle all things considered. 

I'm only surmising that's because his wages are well known to be huge - hence QPR loaning him out no doubt - so it's just an observation really. 

I'm not sure Remy would see it like that. Limited playing time at Liverpool or regular football at Newcastle. I know what I would prefer if I were a professional football who didn't support LFC.

Get your viewpoint, of course.  My issue is simply whether we tried or not.  No indication we did. 

If not, "He won't want to sit on our bench" wouldn't cut it as a reason why.

As it is, he would have got plenty of football, which can always happen.

Ayre 

n.

1. to identify, target or monitor.

2. to watch without movement

The derivation of the word ayre is from Old Norse"eyrr", meaning a small bid It refers to the act of watching or monitoring a narrow window of opportunity cutting across the landward and seaward ends of a transfer window.

You say it's a noun and then give the explanation as verbs. i hope Paul doesn't see this.

Anyway, I think we should wait until the summer to buy him. Yevhen can wait.