You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The country of Turkey and the people in it. Bastards. Absolutely hated it when I was there. The food was shite and the people were absolute bastards. Turkish barbers also piss me off. Shower of bastards. Fuck Turkey. I hate it almost as much as I hate my mother in law. She’s a proper bastard. 

New Turkish restaurant just opened by ours and guess what? We’re going there tonight. With my bird’s mum and dad. And they haven’t got an alcohol license yet. 

Bastards. 

Tuskish Delight is lovely. 

46 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The country of Turkey and the people in it. Bastards. Absolutely hated it when I was there. The food was shite and the people were absolute bastards. Turkish barbers also piss me off. Shower of bastards. Fuck Turkey. I hate it almost as much as I hate my mother in law. She’s a proper bastard. 

New Turkish restaurant just opened by ours and guess what? We’re going there tonight. With my bird’s mum and dad. And they haven’t got an alcohol license yet. 

Bastards. 

Sneak a bottle of whiskey in and every time they say boss, take a swig. You'll be smashed in about 10 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bastards. 

I love Istanbul, will be going, plague permitting, in October.

Food is great, night life is good, a stroll along the bank of the mighty Bosphorus, lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bastards. 

Dalyan Pete likes this

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Road tax is just a colloquialism for Vehicle Excise Duty, isn't it. Raises about £6.5bn a year from motorists.

It's not a hypothecated tax, though. People who bitch about "Road Tax" generally whine that they're paying for the roads, which is bollocks.

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That's the absolute opposite of my experience in Dalyan. The people couldn't be nicer.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not a hypothecated tax, though. People who bitch about "Road Tax" generally whine that they're paying for the roads, which is bollocks.

Well, they're paying to use a car on the roads. I think this is splitting hairs.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

A long time since I cycled anywhere, but I don't recall ever having to fork over money before doing so.

You stole your bike? Or did you just dodge the tax on it?

It's a moot point, anyway. VED is not hypothecated for road building or maintenance. 

On 09/08/2021 at 18:14, Trumo said:

My HP printer now refuses to print wirelessly from my laptop, but works fine with the other laptops in the house. I haven't changed a thing, and yet I can only get the damned thing to print by connecting the cable.

Trying to find a solution is a massive ballache too. Either they think the problem is that none of the devices are connecting, or their solution basically involves a complete rebuild of your computer, the printer, the router, your mains supply...

Is it possible you are connected to the work VPN while working from home? If so, disconnect from the VPN when printing and it should work fine. 

If not, I got nothing- do as Stringvest said maybe

13 minutes ago, captian willard said:

I’ve just listened to “bat out of hell” on the radio whilst painting the house. I didn’t realise he comes back at the end so basically he’s just gone out for the day albeit in a hurry. That’s doesn’t justify a whole fucking song. 

He twats the bike into a kerb doesn't he? 

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking old girl is going to want the central heating on if the temperature drops any more! Put a fucking cardie on FFS!

Hahaha it was cold this morning to be fair. Coldest the house has been when I got up in months. 

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking old girl is going to want the central heating on if the temperature drops any more! Put a fucking cardie on FFS!

Mrs williard/Kurtz is now of an age where her core body temperature is less stable than fucking Cherynobl in the hours before the meltdown. We veer between the thermostat at 30 or the patio doors wide open sometimes within minutes. It’s a thermal rollercoaster in our house these days. 

23 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm looking forward to it being freezing. Love winter.

I prefer winter to summer, I hate being too hot. Having said that, I woke up for a piss about 4 this morning freezing. 

We always have the bedroom window open and that was a pretty strong cold breeze.

You don't expect that in the middle of August.