You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard's Testimonial Tickets

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know it's a testimonial, but I keep forgetting we do actually have a few decent players.

We've had a tough few years, on and off the pitch, but the clouds seem to be lifting a little. The team is definitely improving, the manager's ideas are starting to come through on the pitch, so I'm pretty happy. I hope Suarez sees sense and stays, and that we can get a couple of quality additions in before the window closes.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The Kop have just burst into a spontaneous rendition of KC and the Sunshine Band's Please Don't Go. A tear rolled down Suarez cheek. What does this mean?

That the Kop have great taste in music.

Don't need Agger to be injured. Would be a damper.

Good run out for the lads. It's been a long time since we had a pre-season this good. You can talk about quality of opposition being shite but we've seen 3-0 defeats to the likes of Hull and Galatasary in recent years and carried our poor form into the season. Winning is a nice habit to be picking up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don't need Agger to be injured. Would be a damper.

Good run out for the lads. It's been a long time since we had a pre-season this good. You can talk about quality of opposition being shite but we've seen 3-0 defeats to the likes of Hull and Galatasary in recent years and carried our poor form into the season. Winning is a nice habit to be picking up.

They're definitely not a shite side. Neither are Galatasaray for that matter. I get your point, though; this pre-season has been quite impressive, regardless of who we're playing. We've got some good players to come back into the starting line-up, too.

I liked the way Rodgers handled this - especially giving Jay Spearing a run out; might be the last time at Anfield for him, too.

Was hoping somehow that this would clarify the Suarez situation, at least in the sense of having a better sense. Not for me. Fans were impeccable, as usual.

If he leaves, he leaves.