You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard's Testimonial Tickets

Bjornebye

I was torn between Dublin and this but i'm coming up for this now. My mate said he will sort the tickets but has just text me saying he didn't even realise they had gone on sale and it's sold out!

I need 4 tickets - can anyone help?

Stringy i'll be up that weekend anyway so will meet you lot for a few black sambuca's

• 1 month later...
I was torn between Dublin and this but i'm coming up for this now. My mate said he will sort the tickets but has just text me saying he didn't even realise they had gone on sale and it's sold out!

Stringy i'll be up that weekend anyway so will meet you lot for a few black sambuca's

Top man. Bring the mother-in-law and you can fuck off about 9pm.

I'll be there next Saturday lunch time to give the last of our greats the respect he deserves. A wonderful footballer and a good man too. I sold my tickets for Dublin because I have an engagement in Glasgow but we will all be watching YNWA Gary

seems a bit naff as the general consensus is that it'll be played as a normal friendly so don't really see how it is Stevie's testimonial at all other than in name, should've been when he decided to retire with the likes of Carra, Sami, Xabi and Fowler taking part, would've been a much more fitting occasion!

He will have another one.

Aye, he's got a few seasons left in him yet, there'll be one more big hoorah day when he announces when he's finally hanging up his boots. He's more than earned that right. It'll be my 9 year old lad's first visit to Anfield on Saturday, he's already pissing himself with excitement ! So am I, come to think of it. It's been a while for me too.........

Players qualify for a testimonial after 10 years at the club. He won't be having a second one.

Wont be many players for any clubs getting testimonials as nobody stays at one club anymore.

Spot on about the one testimonial and I cant think of anybody who got two.

Last bunch of tickets going on general sale tomorrow at 8.15

That ticket number is shocking. you get through to a message telling you that you are paying for the call, then you are told all lines are busy and to call back later.

So you are getting charged for an engaged line.

seems a bit naff as the general consensus is that it'll be played as a normal friendly so don't really see how it is Stevie's testimonial at all other than in name, should've been when he decided to retire with the likes of Carra, Sami, Xabi and Fowler taking part, would've been a much more fitting occasion!

Carra and Robbie will be involved tomorrow.

Liverpool find replacement for Suarez... and put new striker through his paces at training

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler was back training on his old stomping ground, ahead of Steven Gerrard's testimonial at Anfield on Saturday. The former Anfield hero, along with Jamie Carragher who retired at the end of last season, trained with the first team at Melwood under the watchful eye of Brendan Rodgers.

Those two will make up part of an all-star line-up from Liverpool's past, when the club mark Steven Gerrard's long service at Liverpool with a friendly against Olympiacos.

Fowler was looking slightly above his playing weight but clearly enjoyed himself at the training session in the sun. In two spells at the club 'God' scored 183 goals in 369 matches, winning one FA Cup, two League Cups, one UEFA Cup and the Super Cup. Olympiacos have been chosen for Gerrard's testimonial after they were the opposition for one of the most iconic moments of his career.

The last time Liverpool played the club, December 8, 2004, Gerrard unleashed an unstoppable 20-yard strike that booked Liverpool's place into the knock out stages of the Champions League. Of course, that season was the year of the famous comeback in Istanbul. The testimonial is expected to be played in front of a packed Anfield, raising more than £1million for the Steven Gerrard Foundation which helps disadvantaged children across Merseyside.

'It feels like it was only yesterday,' said Gerrard of the goal in an interview with the Liverpool Echo. 'When I look back over my career so far it pops up as one of the main games. Going 1-0 down that night, we had a mountain to climb. Olympiacos were very strong so you think the dream is over. 'If I had to pick my favourite goal for connection, timing and the reaction of the crowd – that’s the one.'

Robbie Fowler was back at Melwood to train with the Liverpool first team ahead of Steven Gerrard's testimonial | Mail Online