You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

well I was hoping we'd be willing to play hardball with Suarez and Henry has certainly come out firing but his comments have left me worried

He is still stating we won't sell him at all when imo its blatantly obvious that we will in the end, I'd have been more convinced had he just said we won't sell to Arsenal, I like the distain he seems to show for Arsenal though

Fuck him! He wants to play hardball, we'll play hardball. Throw his ass in the corner and let him rot.

John Henry just made this shit personal and finally we'll see what our owners are made of. It's make or break time for our owners now, they have clearly made their stand and I for one can't wait for the next installment of this shitshow.

LEEEEEEEEET'S GET REEEEEEAADY TO RUMBLE!!!!

Have to say that the way in which Rodgers and Henry have handled this over the last two nights has been mightily impressive. I don't think there was much room for doubt with Henry's interview. Someone check if Wenger's still on standby and unplug him. We don't want to waste electricity.

I've not been entirely convinced about FSG (stadium etc) and still not, but that was a cracking statement by JWH. That type of management is what we've been lacking completely, pity he weren't over her more often.

Edited by gmac

Fighting Talk from JW...

So that's the fucking end of the matter then, Suarez will not be sold.

I would suggest that Suarez starts to think about that apology now otherwise this could get a little bit awkward.

Stay or not he's still a shithouse and he's about to learn what it means to betray the love and support of a Kopite.

Things will not be the same from here on in mate.

How fucking dare you!?

Have to say that the way in which Rodgers and Henry have handled this over the last two nights has been mightily impressive. I don't think there was much room for doubt with Henry's interview. Someone check if Wenger's still on standby and unplug him. We don't want to waste electricity.

It is in times like these I am kicking myself for not having that b/w gif with that stoney-faced man who is stood up, applauding.

I've not been entirely convinced about FSG (stadium etc) and still not, but that was a cracking statement by JWH. That type of management is what we've been lacking completely, pity he weren't over her more often.

My thoughts exactly, though the insecure and cynical bastard in me still expecting an announcement of a £45m offer accepted by either Arse or Chavski or some other equally annoying fuck up the club got itself involved in.

I guess, I'll breath more easily when the window shuts and that runt Suarez makes a grovelling, long-winded apology on the offal and everything becomes normal again - until January, that is.

And Henry says even an increased bid from Arsenal will not change his stance.

"I'm unequivocal that we won't sell to Arsenal, whatever the bid is," he said. "I have not said it to Stan (Kroenke, Arsenal's majority shareholder) but I had a personal conversation with Ivan Gazidis (Arsenal chief executive) and told him we would not sell.

"He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in, because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement.

"It's a football reason, it's not about finances. That's why, at this point, so late in the window, with everyone who's already moved or isn't moving, we can't replace him. So, for football reasons, we can't sell, and especially to Arsenal."

This is an incredible statement to make.

Henry must be 100% confident to say this.

To come out clearly and say that we will not sell to anyone is surely not a ploy to smoke out bigger offers?

My main worry is how Suarez will actually play when he comes back. Can we really trust him again in a red shirt?

So where are all those who were saying that

a. There are plenty of suitable replacements for Suarez. John Henry just confirmed that the "committee" thinks otherwise.

"He won't be sold even if a foreign club comes in because we do not have time to sign a suitable replacement," he said. "It's a football reason. It's not about finances. That's why at this point, so late in the window, with everyone who's already moved or isn't moving, we can't replace him

b. There are benefits from or at least it doesn't matter if we sell our best player to a direct rival for a Champions League spot? John Henry just said this:

To sell to a rival for those positions, or one of them, would be ludicrous. Liverpool needs to be playing in Europe. It needs to be playing in the Champions League. That's what Liverpool football club is about."

Of course John Henry's comments are welcome, although that means that in my opinion we won't be signing anybody else, unless we sell Agger or someone else and there is not a shadow of a doubt that Suarez will be sold in January or next summer.

I have two questions.

1. Why did Henry not state all these wonderful things about a month ago and let everything culminate to a public feud?

2.Why did Hendy not show the same attitude towards Chelsea's bid for Torres?

Of course he will be sold, Just a bit of hot air from Henry.

Transfer request will go in next week

A transfer request means absolutely NOTHING. He can submit as many requests as he likes, 5, 10, 20. If the club insists he is not for sale, he is going NOWHERE.

It is in times like these I am kicking myself for not having that b/w gif with that stoney-faced man who is stood up, applauding.

Orson Welles - Citizen Kane. One of the greatest films of all time.

Did Saurez have something to do with the server issues today ?

Probably.

A transfer request means absolutely NOTHING. He can submit as many requests as he likes, 5, 10, 20. If the club insists he is not for sale, he is going NOWHERE.

As good as gone, unless no foreign club comes calling with 35+ mill.

As good as gone, unless no foreign club comes calling with 35+ mill.

Maybe, but the club will decide if he's sold or not, not Suarez and his promises, verbal agreements and transfer requests. He signed a multimillion contract which expires in three seasons. If the Liverpool executives decide to keep him, he will stay, if they decide to sell him, he will be gone.

...snip...

I have two questions.

1. Why did Henry not state all these wonderful things about a month ago and let everything culminate to a public feud?

2.Why did Hendy not show the same attitude towards Chelsea's bid for Torres?

...snip...

1. Because saying a month ago there wasn't time to find a replacement would've been daft. He did the right thing, let his manager take the reins and only stepped in when people questioned Rodgers.

2. Perhaps he took advice that letting Torres leave would be in the best interests of the club. That didn't work out too well, hence the change of tact this time.