You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

[YOUTUBE]cN5Wg4SjFNc&list=FL1SCiEgVGDb8xpjRNbKqM4g[/YOUTUBE]

If you want the answers to how all this started and the reason why all this is like it is now with him. Here is what the whole thing brewed from. You need to know Spanish though.

thank you for that, if you watch it on youtube you can click on subtitles and have them translated albeit in broken english.

I really hope he stays, I havent been as interested in a player for a long time since I was a kid probably in both person and player, yes we've had great players but a lot of them are boring bastards or you never hear from them.

he makes me feel like a kid again, I love how he is idolised in Uruguay too.

in a way it kind of reminds me of the way the Brazilians idolised Ayrton Senna, a national hero, a winner and very competitive so will push the limits to win but will also bring bad press which used to affect him.

I loved that advert too, I reckon more of that kind of thing over here the press and public will start to like him, seen a lot of positive comments about him with regard that ad. I reckon he could do with doing more english speaking interviews too.

But above all, he just excites me to watch him play, he's fucking amazing.

hope he stays and if he does Im going to go and get my first shirt with a name on the back since I was a kid and wear it out and about and not give a fuck like he does on the pitch. might even get one of those horrible away ones.

Mirror saying arsenal in pole position. If we sell suarez to Arsenal whoever agrees that deal needs sacking. At first I thought no chance but this ain't going away. To be honest it would be a relief now if Madrid just got it done

Is this the same Mirror who today are saying Madrid will play hardball until the last day of the season? Ok....

We should accept Madrids £25 million offer for him on the last day of transfers. Then send them Downing when they realise the mistake we can blame it on google translator as when we put the name of the player they wanted in that's the name it translatored to.

Time to make some cash of little Luis. My mate got £200 at 17/5 for him last week to still be here at the start of the season. I just went to see what his odds are now and cant believe you can still get 9/4 from Ladbrokes on him staying.

Cant see that staying like that for long.

Time to make some cash of little Luis. My mate got £200 at 17/5 for him last week to still be here at the start of the season. I just went to see what his odds are now and cant believe you can still get 9/4 from Ladbrokes on him staying.

Cant see that staying like that for long.

does start of the season mean as in still here at time of first league game? if so thats great odds imo

does start of the season mean as in still here at time of first league game? if so thats great odds imo

Yes that he will be here for the first game and I think its amazing odds to be honest.

Just been looking at the odds on other players and you can get 2/1 on screech staying at the blueshite and 11/10 on Baines staying as well.

Just seen they have shrek at 1/2 to be at the chavs or 6/4 him being at United.

Transfer news: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers determined to keep Luis Suarez | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Direct Quote:

"He is a wonderful player and he is still very much a Liverpool player. No matter who the player is, nobody is bigger than Liverpool Football Club," said Rodgers.

"'Luis is a very important member of this squad and I am looking forward to working with him again this season.

"There has been lots of speculation about Luis moving to another club but, as I said, he is very much a Liverpool player.

"We had an offer that was nowhere near what we value him at. Of course he wants to work and play at the top level."

"But unless something drastic happens, he will be staying here. He has got three years left on his contract."

Brendan Rodgers

quite clearly, we will sell. 40-45m and he's gone.

Of course we'll sell if the deal is right for us.

We've been a selling club for the last 4 years. Even when we were in the Champions League we were selling Mascherano and Xabi. Then we sold Torres. Thing is all those deals were on our terms.

If we get £40m off Madrid he'll go. If we get the same offer off Arsenal I think we'll reject it.

We've got a player who wants to play for a bigger team at a higher level and if you believe him in another country. We won't force him to stay but we won't give him away either

Yes that he will be here for the first game and I think its amazing odds to be honest.

Just been looking at the odds on other players and you can get 2/1 on screech staying at the blueshite and 11/10 on Baines staying as well.

Just seen they have shrek at 1/2 to be at the chavs or 6/4 him being at United.

Yea looks good odds as I see this transfer dragging as Suarez us banned for start of season so teams aren't in rush to finalize it.How Luis behaves when back from holiday could change this though.

If we start the season poorly, it will be impossible for the owners to sell him. If we start the season well without him...

I don't want to see him go but the good run we had without him at the end of last season counts for little. A good run at the beginnning of this season would be different.

So we have now gone from:

He is not for sale - to

We don't want to sell him -to

Unless something drastic happens

Conveniently ignoring the part where Brendan is looking forward to working with him again this season.

Do you work for the british press?

We've been a selling club for the last 4 years. Even when we were in the Champions League we were selling Mascherano and Xabi. Then we sold Torres. Thing is all those deals were on our terms.

If we get £40m off Madrid he'll go. If we get the same offer off Arsenal I think we'll reject it.

We've got a player who wants to play for a bigger team at a higher level and if you believe him in another country. We won't force him to stay but we won't give him away either

You can't class a team a 'selling club' if a team is selling players that are adamant they want to leave and the valuation of said player is met.

We've been a selling club for the last 4 years. Even when we were in the Champions League we were selling Mascherano and Xabi.

...and that was the last time we ever qualified for the Champions League.

So quite clearly becoming a selling club hasn't helped the team progress.

FSG were happy to sell Torres and Meirelis to our domestic rivals and if City "had met our valuation" Agger too.

H&G time was up after they failed to replace Alonso and Mascherano and the team collapsed.

I predict that FSG won't get away with selling Suarez to Arsenal or Real. They were lucky with Torres, because Kenny bought a player who was better(Suarez) than Torres. Who are they going to replace Suarez with? who is going to replace his goals, assists, flair, vision, leadership?

You can't class a team a 'selling club' if a team is selling players that are adamant they want to leave and the valuation of said player is met.

Is that the new definition of what a selling club is under FSG?

So we are not a selling club, bur we are consistently selling our best players to domestic and European rivals. Right...

Is that the new definition of what a selling club is under FSG?

So we are not a selling club, bur we are consistently selling our best players to domestic and European rivals. Right...

Who have we sold under FSG? Torres is the only decent player I can think of and he had been shite for ages and certainly wasn't our best player and the money was immediately, if badly, reinvested.