You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

You know what else would be a good laugh. Putting the royal family, the aristocracy, the lords, the career politicians, the bankers, doing things you don't want to do all onto a giant rocket ship and firing it into a mountain.

Or into Scotland.

screen-shot-2014-09-08-at-10-36-54.png?w

Absolutely not, m'am. They can take you with them.....

As with everything with regards to independence no one can be certain until it happens. I think it's likely they will move south but you never know. Would a deal to keep the nukes up there in

exchange for a currency union surprise anyone?

That's what the 'unnamed Cabinet minister' suggested months ago; wouldn't surprise me at all especially if the City starts lobbying the UK government for a Currency Union. The SNP have committed to removing Trident and people here want it gone but the deal could involve

giving the UK 20 years to come up with somewhere to put it rather than 4.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now, I know a lot of people don't like him, and I think he has fucked his own career up in many ways, but I'll never concede that this guy isn't intelligent and a superb political operator (I'd say the same of other people I didn't like, like Alistair Campbell, for example).

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've got to say, I'm starting to think the Yes vote has a credible shot. I would have bet the farm No would win, but I'm getting a bit shaky on that.

Oh I don't know, Campbell has his plus points too.

'this is live on television. Dignity, dignity'.

Ha!  Exactly what I thought of.  Loathsome as Campbell is, that clip speaks volumes for what a cuntish editorial policy Sky have and how perfectly Boulton fits it to have come off so unsympathetically compared to him. 

"How a 'Yes' vote could transform Scottish society by ending the intellectually bankrupt oil tax regime."

Interesting take on energy from Al Jazeera.

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20149953957684597

I remember seeing an interview with the bloke who owns the big refinery at Grangemouth and he supported independence as he said he could just pick up a phone and get put onto Salmond straight away

So a leading member of the intellectually bankrupt oil tax regime has Salmond at his beck and call. Hmm, same with Murdoch and Trump

I really admire all the hope and optimism of the Yes Campaign...shame it only applies to one part of the UK

Not scaremongering, common sense.

In England, with the pound, the Bank of England has shown what it can do in a crisis.

Scotland will have no reserves, no contingency fund, and no track record. Of course it could put money aside, money that could be used for other things.

Some tough choices, and a dose of reality, face a yes vote.

There seems to be a sense that Alex has a dream, and that anyone who doesn't dream too is a spoilsport. But like all dreams, at some point you wake up.

You seem to be hamstrung by a critical lack of imagination Xerxes.  A dose of reality faces a No vote.  And that reality will continue to be a miserable one for the Scots.