You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

I get what you mean, but it makes far more fucking sense than a 'vegi' who eats chicken.

If anything, eating fish is actually more cruel in some ways. Cows, sheep and pigs are bred for eating. If there was no food industry they wouldn't exist, it's not like they'd all be roaming the forests somewhere eating honey.

Fish, on the other hand, are swimming around the Atlantic minding their own business until they get scooped up en mass by a bunch of jocks, half of which get thrown back to keep the prices up. 

If anything, eating fish is actually more cruel in some ways. Cows, sheep and pigs are bred for eating. If there was no food industry they wouldn't exist, it's not like they'd all be roaming the forests somewhere eating honey.

Fish, on the other hand, are swimming around the Atlantic minding their own business until they get scooped up en mass by a bunch of jocks, half of which get thrown back to keep the prices up.

Fish doesn't even come close to chicken.

Which was why I specifically made the point about 'vegis' that eat chicken.

The most intensively reared and farmed meat with decades of evidence showing its our 'worst' meat by miles to eat.

Ostrich is beautiful, they're about a dozen next to the golf course we play.

We were having a pint with the farmer after a round and he explained he needed a licence to keep them under some kind of dangerous animals act.

He was missing the tips of two fingers to be fair but insisted that had nothing to do with them.

I walked past with my driver still in hand mind.

If this whole fish and vegetarianism argument is aimed at me, I never said I was a vegetarian.

I do like fish....and bacon, of course.

I haven't reached the point where I'm willing to cut out any meat 100% in my diet.

Nah not aimed at you Paul, I haven't read the thread - there's a bird in our place who does and it baffles me. I just wonder at what point an animal stops being an animal. 

They might be ugly little fuckers that nobody would eat if they crawled on the land but they are still animals.

And tastey. Dont forget very fucky tastey.

I cant wait to get to Goa late this year. King prawns the size of your forearm

• Upvote 1

Ostrich is beautiful, they're about a dozen next to the golf course we play.

We were having a pint with the farmer after a round and he explained he needed a licence to keep them under some kind of dangerous animals act.

He was missing the tips of two fingers to be fair but insisted that had nothing to do with them.

I walked past with my driver still in hand mind.

Johnny Cash was attacked by an ostrich; broke his ribs, ripped into his belly and afterwards he spiralled into painkiller addiction. Keep that driver handy.

Nah not aimed at you Paul, I haven't read the thread - there's a bird in our place who does and it baffles me. I just wonder at what point an animal stops being an animal. 

Some people use the philosophy of can it feel pain? Scientists say fish don't have a central nervous system that can process pain. I personally think that's bullshit because if you've ever seen a big fish being attacked by a shark or any other predator, it shits itself and does everything in it's power to escape. How would it know it's being bitten if it doesn't feel pain?