You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

Apologies Stronts - but the title of positive result in the poll "Meat is murder" seems to be taking an ethical stance.

Do you think humans are by nature omnivores?

No apology needed.

I would say that folk are entitled to believe that meat is murder, and that is some way from trying to force an ethical stance on others.

Humans are certainly omnivores by nature, albeit omnivores whose ideal diet will contain a majority of plant-based foods.

We are also, by nature, murderers, rapists and thieves. Looking to our nature for moral guidance is probably unwise.

• Upvote 3

Humans are certainly omnivores by nature, albeit omnivores whose ideal diet will contain a majority of plant-based foods.

We are also, by nature, murderers, rapists and thieves. Looking to our nature for moral guidance is probably unwise.

The first part is very obviously true - the second obviously conjecture as I have yet to, nor has anyone I know,  done any of those. Have you?

Penguins are disabled birds.

I love Penguins. If they were Egyptian (ancient.) I bet the Penguin God/dess would be amazing.

BTW : just because they aren't, it doesn't mean that there's not an awesome Penguin God/dess somewhere. So be careful.

You've been warned.

Stronts, have you always been a Vegetarian? I have, I was raised one.

I think Rico asked about how Veggies square male Chickens getting minced on birth to produce eggs. Tough fucking question, I guess I don't, I like Stronts' answer but the dairy industry is pretty dreadful.

Why do you just ask this question to vegetarians though, I'm pretty sure most Meat eaters eat eggs too?

• Upvote 2

I agree the slaughter industry is dreadful and if most people stopped and thought about it, they'd give up meat in a heartbeat. Its the less humane slaughter, particularly the religious methods I find unacceptable.

But, animals eat other animals plus some other primates like chimps eat meat.

Stronts, have you always been a Vegetarian? I have, I was raised one.

Same here. I think we are rare beasts. Almost all other veggies I've met have become one of their own accord.

The ad at the top of the page is showing me a roast chicken. I am being bombarded by anti-veggie propaganda.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It sounds mad and it's been making me laugh at the thought of it, but have to try it : have got a cheese and caramelized onion pizza in the fridge, am going to cook it then put chopped up sprouts and gravy on it.

Would put loads of chilli powder on the pizza but it might be overkill and not sure how it'd go with sprouts, so am going to maybe cook some beans to have on the side with loads of chill powder in instead. Then if it doesn't go with the pizza will have them later.

Sprouts rule.

• Upvote 1