You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Anyone know much about this Iago Aspas that we are being linked with today?

I have thoroughly scouted this cove. I watched a 5 minute video of his goals.

He looks pretty average, bit of a poacher, small, agile, likes to round the keeper, finishing looks a bit iffy, reminds me of Borini, don't want.

----------------Begovic----------------

Johnson--Papadopoulos--Agger---Enrique

--------Gerrard--Lucas--Allen----------

Coutinho-------Suarez----------Eriksen

Subs: Sturridge, Ibe, Sterling, Borini, Henderson, Ilori, GK

Don't like that bench, where's the creative game changer and the dominant force to take hold of the midfield? We also need an Arbeloa type who can play across all defensive positions.

I'd love to try and get Arbeloa back actually, I bet the next Madrid manager doesn't rate him as he;s not spectacular enough.

The problem is that we've already more or less decided our best team before we buy anyone else, so it's a hard sell to get a top talent to come here and tell them that they will most likely start on the bench.

Don't like that bench, where's the creative game changer and the dominant force to take hold of the midfield? We also need an Arbeloa type who can play across all defensive positions.

I'd love to try and get Arbeloa back actually, I bet the next Madrid manager doesn't rate him as he;s not spectacular enough.

The problem is that we've already more or less decided our best team before we buy anyone else, so it's a hard sell to get a top talent to come here and tell them that they will most likely start on the bench.

You have benched Sturridge and Hendo and for that reason im out.

You've put one of the few genuine goal threats we have on the bench.

Lucas

Allen

Eriksen

Coutinho

I doubt all of them combined would get double figures for the season.

You've put one of the few genuine goal threats we have on the bench.

Lucas

Allen

Eriksen

Coutinho

I doubt all of them combined would get double figures for the season.

I reckon Coutinho will on his on if his start is anything to go by!

but yes Sturridge should definately be in over Allen although I do have optimism we'll see more in-form Allen next season

Eriksen is off elsewhere isn't he.

I'd be tempted to play Coutinho centrally, especially at home. Gerrard and Lucas could sit deeper and Suarez and Sterling (or a new signing) could play either side of Sturridge. We could mix it up by adding Henderson to the mix.

Really not sure where Allen fits in next season if I'm honest, and I like the lad.

Begovic and Papa would be absolutely quality signings. Both are the type of signings the teams challeging for titles make, so I would be delighted with both. In Pepe's case, he was a world class goalie and is a great bloke, but he really is past it. If he more or less pays for Begovic or is a straight swap for Tello, then it's a no brainer.

Toure is past his best, but as a squad player he would be a very good signing. We badly need that kind of top level experience in the dressing room, especially with Carra going. Someone mentioned Dunne. I rated Dunne a few years ago and I think he may have gotten in 1 or 2 premiership teams of the year in his day. However, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. The fact a club like Villa are getting rid of a good solid pro who has been a very good player tells me he is a crock and should be avoided at all costs. He might be a good risk for Hull or Cardiff to take, but not a club with our aspirations. I agree that Arbeloa would be a very astute signing.

What impresses me is the type of players we are going after. They all excite me, even if they aren't the finished article. It makes a nice change from signing the Downings and Carrolls of this world.

Begovic and Papa would be absolutely quality signings. Both are the type of signings the teams challeging for titles make, so I would be delighted with both. In Pepe's case, he was a world class goalie and is a great bloke, but he really is past it. If he more or less pays for Begovic or is a straight swap for Tello, then it's a no brainer.

This.

That.

The other.

Yes please.

...because they're all gonna spend most of next season getting it rubbed in their faces by Joey Allen

How do you think hes gonna get in the team? Have you noticed that we are playing 4231 and not 433 now and look much better for it? That only leaves 2 central midfield positions. Who is gonna get dropped? Lucas? Gerrard?