You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Diego Capel. According to what I've read above we are looking at a one season, one trick, one footed, show pony?

A player who couldn't put a shift in at Sevilla yet people think he will give a damn once he's over here getting double the wages?

Forgive me but its not filling me with great confidence

Who knows whats true but a quick google of Begovic - Liverpool the latest link it comes up with a Mirror link from a couple of days ago saying we want to give them Downing as part of the deal, 15 mill is the price, that price is one thing that has been consistant in Begovic rumours.

So it's sell to buy again this season for as. brilliant....

It's well established that we have about £20-£25 million plus sales, which should be more than enough for what we need if you live in the real world.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5m

#LFC & West Ham agree fee in region of £15m for Andy Carroll. Player yet to decide if he wants the move. More on @BBCSport

Lovely if thats true, didn't we get 2 million for the loan as well? so thats 17 million all in, thank you Big Sam.

£20m budget. Is that all?

Who is surprised, honestly. And that £20m will include wages too. Premier League clubs are getting an extra £30m next season under the new TV deal, only a fucking idiot thinks that Rodgers will get a penny of that to spend. No wonder we are targeting has-beens on frees and Spurs' cast-offs.

Firstly Re: Andy Carroll.

It was a £3 million loan fee. I read this recently that it's £15 million plus another £2 million based on success. That will obviously be goals and appearances as West Ham haven't won a trophy since 1980. However this is the good news. If Liverpool sell Andy Carroll now, Newcastle lose out on £14 million.

It's all based on Amortisation. It's £7 million every january over the 5 years of Carrolls contract. The next £7 million due was in January 2014 taking it up to £28 million. Andy Carroll being sold means, Newcastle don't get it.

That effectively means Liverpool will have lost £1 million on Andy Carroll.

As for other transfers. Brendan Rodgers apparently wants Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea. I read somewhere that Chelsea owe Liverpool £15 million from the Torres deal which is due this summer. Maybe just maybe Liverpool will say we're even if Chelsea allow us to take Lukaku in exchange?

It was a £3 million loan fee. I read this recently that it's £15 million plus another £2 million based on success. That will obviously be goals and appearances as West Ham haven't won a trophy since 1980. However this is the good news. If Liverpool sell Andy Carroll now, Newcastle lose out on £14 million.

It's all based on Amortisation. It's £7 million every january over the 5 years of Carrolls contract. The next £7 million due was in January 2014 taking it up to £28 million. Andy Carroll being sold means, Newcastle don't get it.

As for other transfers. Brendan Rodgers apparently wants Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea. I read somewhere that Chelsea owe Liverpool £15 million from the Torres deal which is due this summer. Maybe just maybe Liverpool will say we're even if Chelsea allow us to take Lukaku in exchange?

It doesn't work like that. Even if we sell him, and the payment structure is how you say, we'll still be obliged to pay the remaining balance.

You'd be correct if it was not for the fact that we paid most, if not all, the carroll fee upfront.

You're the new mathewbet.

I got a car on finance to be paid over four years, but what I did then... you're gonna like this, it's genius... I sold the car to a bloke down the street. That means I don't have to pay the car finance company any more!

Awesome!

That's how it works right?