You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Is it?

Thanks, I genuinely thought it was Llori. According to the Guardian we have bid £12m for Papadopolous!

My brain hurts.

Hard to keep track isn't it? By my reckoning we have nearly sold Carroll, signed Canos, very nearly signed Toure, bid for Papadopoulos, will soon be bidding for Ilori and might be bidding for Digne.

There are also rumours of Shelvey on loan to West Ham and vague rumblings of an offer of some kind for Downing.

No overhaul then. We're just changing 234234234 of our players in all lines and positions AGAIN.

Stability' date=' future, progress. ffs[/quote']

Reina in all likelihood is off, Carra has retired and something's happened between Rodgers and Skrtel. He doesn't fancy Coates after his horror show in the cup.

What do you suggest? You need to engage your brain before typing more rubbish mate.

No overhaul then. We're just changing 234234234 of our players in all lines and positions AGAIN.

Stability' date=' future, progress. ffs[/quote']

You are the funniest little nut on the Internet.

Hard to keep track isn't it? By my reckoning we have nearly sold Carroll, signed Canos, very nearly signed Toure, bid for Papadopoulos, will soon be bidding for Ilori and might be bidding for Digne.

There are also rumours of Shelvey on loan to West Ham and vague rumblings of an offer of some kind for Downing.

Kurt Zouma is another one! In talks with St Etienne, he is saying we are his dream, and his stated he would prefer to sit on our bench than play for St Etienne.

He is a Defender I think, which would mean Toure, Ilori, the Greek lad and him! So, they can't all be true.

Unless he is a DM, which might be the case.

Kurt Zouma is another one! In talks with St Etienne, he is saying we are his dream, and his stated he would prefer to sit on our bench than play for St Etienne.

He is a Defender I think, which would mean Toure, Ilori, the Greek lad and him! So, they can't all be true.

Unless he is a DM, which might be the case.

Of course he would, he would get paid considerably more.

Is anyone else reeeeeeallly excited about next season?

We may not win the league, sure, but we're going to have some fun, and we're going to go to Old Trafford and win.

£15m top-up, plus what we get from Skrtel sale, and probably Reina, we could quite easily have £80m+ to play with this Summer. Then factor in the return of Suarez, the second season potential of Borini and Allen, and the young lads now reaching an age where they could really kick on (Sterling, Ibe, Coady, Wisdom, Suso, Texeira, McLaughlin, Smith), and the return of Kelly, and Lucas having a proper pre-season under his belt...there's a lot to be really positive about for next season. If we sign some of the players we're being linked with then the sky is the limit in this oddly weak division.

Don't fear hope. It's easier to mope and expect another season of disappointment, but it starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Eriksen, Papadopoulos, Toure, Begovic should be the main targets, spending £50m.

The sale of Skrtel, Coates, Reina and Carroll would cover that.

I'd then hope the owners put in £25m of the club's money to top us up with Tiago Llori, and a full back, and then maybe another potential Coutinho.

It's so refreshing to be linked with clever acquisitions rather than the usual list of big names who (a) don't want to come here and (b) aren't as good as their ego suggests and © come with far too much expectation surrounding them.

So it's not even june yet and we're already buying and selling? What happened to the Rick Parry - holiday? I thought "doing our business early" in Lfc terms ment mid-july?

That was before they moved the season ticket deadline forward to May. We need to be linked with big money signings much earlier these days.

Is anyone else reeeeeeallly excited about next season?

We may not win the league, sure, but we're going to have some fun, and we're going to go to Old Trafford and win.

£15m top-up, plus what we get from Skrtel sale, and probably Reina, we could quite easily have £80m+ to play with this Summer. Then factor in the return of Suarez, the second season potential of Borini and Allen, and the young lads now reaching an age where they could really kick on (Sterling, Ibe, Coady, Wisdom, Suso, Texeira, McLaughlin, Smith), and the return of Kelly, and Lucas having a proper pre-season under his belt...there's a lot to be really positive about for next season. If we sign some of the players we're being linked with then the sky is the limit in this oddly weak division.

Don't fear hope. It's easier to mope and expect another season of disappointment, but it starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Eriksen, Papadopoulos, Toure, Begovic should be the main targets, spending £50m.

The sale of Skrtel, Coates, Reina and Carroll would cover that.

I'd then hope the owners put in £25m of the club's money to top us up with Tiago Llori, and a full back, and then maybe another potential Coutinho.

It's so refreshing to be linked with clever acquisitions rather than the usual list of big names who (a) don't want to come here and (b) aren't as good as their ego suggests and © come with far too much expectation surrounding them.

You must be delighted the club are chasing all your transfer targets, looks like they are moving on the ones you want to get rid of too.

how many points are Chelsea behind Citeh

Chelsea behind City?

I have no idea and I could not care less if I tried, why do you ask?

Chelsea have the best squad in the league, they should have been above everyone.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up at WestHam for 15 million, still think this is about trying to get a bit of leverage with Newcastle.

Rodgers and Allardyce have to persuade the striker that West Ham is in his best interests again, as they did last summer, but Carroll has so far given no indication he wants to leave Liverpool. He has taken encouragement from how Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing revived their Anfield careers having been dismissed as expensive mistakes.

Carroll believes he can follow suit and would also consider a return to Newcastle United but West Ham, who are expected to part company with Carlton Cole, are the only club to submit an offer so far.