You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Amigo, I am gonna go out on a limb and say next season is gonna be a bad one for you.

Aimed at me?

It cant get much worse than this season, I'll tell you that, easily our worst season since the Souness days.

Aimed at me?

It cant get much worse than this season, I'll tell you that, easily our worst season since the Souness days.

I beg to differ. The season Roy Hodgson took over is the worst. Sure Kenny came in and saved us at the end but, it did little to dampen the complete horror of Woy's reign and the oh so near miss of administration off the field that season. I mean Paul FUCKING Konchesky. *shudders*

@Code72

Also that season, although we finished one place higher in the league, we ended up 3 points worse off then this season, lost more games, scored fewer goals, conceded more goals and played shitter football. We also went out of both cup competitions in the 3rd round as opposed to the 4th round this season. Going out to Man Utd away from home in the FA Cup and those 'formidable opponents' Northampton Town in the League cup at Anfield.

Aimed at me?

Well , I'm convinced now .

Do you have any idea what an absolute joker of a bellend you actually are ?

Where did you see this? £35m and a sell on clause. I highly doubt that.

He's seen it, like I did, from the Shields Gazette article (top paper) whose link appeared on NewsNow Liverpool.

I'd be very surprised if that was there, but it was Comolli doing the deal......

I think the sell on is on profit so (please don't laught) if we sold him for £40m they would get 25% of that.

They don't get 25% of his fee.

So let me get this straight, if we sell him for profit say at 40 million they get 10 million of that.

But because we are going to sell him for under 35 million they get nothing?

Well that's......I don't know what that is.....

So let me get this straight, if we sell him for profit say at 40 million they get 10 million of that.

But because we are going to sell him for under 35 million they get nothing?

Well that's......I don't know what that is.....

No, they get 25% of the profit - not the fee. So for £40m, they would get £1.25m.

There is no way that you would sign a player and then also offer 25% of any sell on fee, even if we had of recouped our money they would be looking at £7-8m! It is 25% of any profit.

No, they get 25% of the profit - not the fee. So for £40m, they would get £1.25m.

There is no way that you would sign a player and then also offer 25% of any sell on fee, even if we had of recouped our money they would be looking at £7-8m! It is 25% of any profit.

Surely it would have to be 25% of the extra £5 million.

Well if its 25% on the profit like Whelan says then its not too bad I suppose since you apply the percentage straight on the profit.

But surely that's not the case as who in their right mind predicted that he would be sold for more than 35 million?

Beggars belief....

Well if its 25% on the profit like Whelan says then its not too bad I suppose since you apply the percentage straight on the profit.

But surely that's not the case as who in their right mind predicted that he would be sold for more than 35 million?

No, but then who would have predicted him being sold for 35m in the first place?